• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I like Neloth. Before this playthrough, I never bothered to even look at his staff enchanter though. Now, with Kahn getting into higher magic, I was thrilled at the prospect of creating unique and powerful staffs with which to further the destruction of the world.

Can you see where this is going? ...does this device only make plain, single-enchantment staffs? The very same rudimentary, found all over Skyrim on dead mages everywhere staffs? Staffs which, even one with the magical acumen of Argis the Bulwark can pick up and use at will?? Upon examination of Neloth's secret device this appears to be the case. Yet someone had better inform me that I am mistaken, that I was under the influence of the Redoran Guard's entire stash of Emberbrand wine, (I found it, it's MINE!). Tell me there was a reason for the "Thrice Savior of Civilization," "Assassin of the Emperor of Tamriel," "Master of Thieves," "Commander of Daedra," "Burner of Cities," "Slaughterer of Bunnies," "Slayer of Chickens and Horkers," "Enthraller of Chickens and Horkers..." ..where was I? Oh yes. Why did the most powerful mortal being of the 4th Era go cajoling about Ravenrock in search of a steward for Neloth, to be given a key to this illustrious staff enchanter which now appears to be useless??

A case of Blackbriar Reserve to whomever tells me something useful about this device that I may not know. Whatever you do though, do NOT simply confirm my suspicions about the device being useless to a high level caster like myself, or I will have Eola eat your entrails with boiled leeks and a nice sujamma before enthralling your corpse and dressing it in motley.

Note: I know I could've simply sought the wiki, but this was more fun. :beermug:

JoeReese

I can neither confirm nor deny this rumor. I can tell you that it does not, however, create an accurate Thunderbolt staff, as Thunderbolt staves in the game are erroneously enchanted with the lame-o, 25 pt lighting bolt enchantment, rather than the 60 pt thunderbolt enchantment...dang it.

There are actually a few staves that I believe could not be found on the average mage. There is also at the least one unique enchantment. I wouldn't know if you can dual enchant them or not - perhaps with a high enough Enchantment level, but I could be wrong. It does require the knowing of the spell beforehand however, so no, the average warrior could not use these staves. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Hold on to your intestines, Eola will be coming for both of you.

Fear not, that was in jest. Thanks for the responses, this corner of the forum doesn't see as much traffic. :beermug:

After some research, it's clear that I can utilize this device to up my enchanting skill, without the need for soul gems. That's a good thing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts