PC Nelacar Missing - just disappeared!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm running a vanilla game.
A while back, Nelacar put me into Azura's Star and I got killed in a minute. The game brought me back to an autosave that looked to be just before I told him I was ready.
No Nelacar.
So I loaded the previous game, which I saved just before entering the door to the inn.
No Nelacar.
Now he's nowhere to be found. I decided to just wait a while and do other things. I realized after a while that he was never there whenever I went to the inn for other reasons. Normally, I'd walk in and he'd right away tell me he can send me whenever I'm ready. Now crickets.
I went back recently, ready to go, and I can't find him. I checked the inn at different times of day and night, I've been all over, including the basement, and there's no Nelacar.
So did he die? Is this a bug? Did the game decide I'm unworthy and won't let me try again?
I've searched all over, and I've seen reference to some NPC's going missing, but never Nelacar. The only bugs I've seen with him is that he won't let the player complete a quest.
I wan't that Azura's Star real bad. Any ideas?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts