Need Unfamiliar Ground

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Feulain

Unexpected Party Guest
I'm getting bored, Is there any RPG where you don't play as a typical hero saving the world in a Tolkien esque setting? Would you suggest anything?

Well if you are looking for the same playstyle as in first person open world RPG but your looking for something more Sci-FI I would go with bethesda's Fallout series. Almost identical in game play to the Elder Scrolls series but set in an apocolyptic wasteland so many hundred years after atomic bombs were dropped, it's awesome really, just as fun as the elder scroll series. Same gameplay as in you have skill sets your SPECIAL (strength, perception, endurance, charisma, intelligence, agility, and luck) you assign points to them like in oblivion and you get perks with level up that affect energy weapons, blunt, guns, explosives, medical, repair, and stuff like that. Really fun game, give it a shot. There is Fallout 3, and Fallout new vegas, and I haven't played any of the others but those two were awesome, especially with the DLC.

The Mass Effect series is pretty friggin good as well, a very vast universe... if you ever played dragon age it's pretty much the same gameplay wise with a few tweaks here and there same as fallout is to elder scrolls. Mass effect and Dragon Age are both bioware so that's fun. Very Sci-fi.

If you are looking for old school final fantasy style RPG, I would highly reccomend lost odyssey, it's four discs on xbox360 and plays exactly like an old FF game (not the newer) and Blue Dragon is alright, a little childish and corny at times but still fun.

ALSO, if you are looking for something more modern, not extremely sci fi as in space exploration and all that, check out Deus-Ex human revolution, that game is really fun at times too :p

Hope this helps, if you give me a little more info on what your looking for I might be able to help a little more.

(although there may be space stuff in deus ex I never really finished the game :p It was fun, I am just horridly impulsive and have a short attention span sometimes lol)

Feulain

Unexpected Party Guest
I've played the Fallouts and Mass Effect/Dragon Age games but I've never played Blue Dragon or Deus-Ex.

I guess I am looking for something in which you play an anti hero or villain in a world/setting with its own personal flair that hasn't been repeated in other games.

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it
I would suggest Deus Ex. It's a great game, and a in depth world. To be more specific I would suggest Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

In short. DE takes place in a alternate and futuristic earth; in particular Detroit. In this world things are in a bit of turmoil, economically, as well as morally. See people are now able to purchase augments, synthetic advancements that can be anything from a brain chip, to a limb, to almost your entire body. Thing is, a lot of people are naturalists and are against augmentations. Others are against the after effects of augmentation, in particular rejection. Your body begins to reject them so you need to be injected with a chemical to stop it. Thing is you can become addicted to the chemical like any other drug, and if you don't get it, pain and eventual death.

As for the story, it's a espionage game, but you pick your path. The graphics are great, the plot is engaging.

Have a trailer.

Might I also suggest Dishonored, amazing game.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Castlevanina Lords of Shadow 2.

It has some RPG elements, however it's a hack and slash game. You play as the "villian" Dracula. Anti-hero to the fullest. Nothing really good about the guy.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
Prototype 1 is pretty good for this, although it isn't really an RPG. You don't exactly play a hero though.

Or the infamous series as a bad guy (you can be good).

Not roleplaying game but I tend to immerse myself in open world games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts