Need some help - vampire lord related

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Baelor

I started Dawnguard and thought I wanted to be a vampire lord but now I am having second thoughts.

I don't like the way they look, and I don't like that I have to feed and have natural debuffs. I have a few questions.

How do you cure it? Is Falion in Morthal the only way? How does Dawnguard questline proceed if you cure yourself of vampirism?

Am I looking too much into this? Is it easy being a vampire? I like moving around in the day time as much as night. Should I stay a vampire and play something I've never done before or cure myself?

Edit: Finally, can you start the Dawnguard quest line (the non vampire quests) after starting The Bloodstone Chalice?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
you don't like the way they look, they are demons not super models
this aint Twilight, If you joined the Volkihar then that's it you are either a Vampire or you cant continue the Questline but if you want to rid yourself of vampirism then go see falion or go ask aela to make you a werewolf, and to answer you final question the second you became a Vampire Lord the dawnguard became your Arch Enemies there is no going back unless you wish to start your game again or you couldfinish the Vampire Questline and then Remove vampirism but think twice the VL is quite powerful when you are over level 45 and have all the perks, My recommendation remain a Vampire because at the End you get a real sense of Power at the End and a Castle, and if its easy yes it is easy to be a Vampire, if you can put up with the 50% weakness to Fire and the Stunted stats in Daylight -60 Health magicka but you do get a lot in return, 25% stronger illusiom,25% harder to detect when Sneaking, 100% resistance to poison and Disease and 50% resistance to Frost

Baelor

Does the Lady Stone offset the daylight debuffs?

I guess I will just finish Dawnguard as a Vampire Lord and then seek out Falion for a cure after if I still want to be normal. Will this work?

tx12001

Does the Lady Stone offset the daylight debuffs?

I guess I will just finish Dawnguard as a Vampire Lord and then seek out Falion for a cure after if I still want to be normal. Will this work?
you could do that but the Volkihar will not speak to you and will demand you become a Vampire Again and the Dawnguard will still hate you for siding with them in the first place and yes the lady stone offsets the weakness to sunlight so you will heal again combine that with the Regenaratino perk (I think its Called) and your magicka will restore in Daylight Again as well, best advice stick with the vampires as the Sun Weakness can be abolished at the end of the Qustline with Auriel's bow you block out the sun and the Petty 50% weakness to fire is offset by the many other bonuses you will get for being a Vampire and as a Plus with Dawnguard unlike the Vanilla vamires you wont get attacked at stage 4 hunger so really you don't actually need to feed

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Being a vampire in Skyrim can be difficult. I haven't play a mortal character since I bought the game. All vampire playthoughs, if you disregard my solely Hunter build. I have slayed dragons, in the sun on Stage 4 (all strengths and weakness at 100%) with enchanted items to offset the side effects. It's do able yet more challenging to play as a vampire.

The Vampire Lord is a huge upgrade from the baser vampires. The transformation is awesome. Perks are awesome. Plus, I got some mods that allow me to fly. All I can say is playthrough the quests as a vampire and if you don't like it, cure yourself (as you suggested) be using Falion or Aela. Playing as a vampire is an acquired taste. You either love it or hate it.

Haven fun! :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I understand that, with the lady stone, the aetherium crown and some other stone you can mitigate the regeneration issues. Does anybody know what the other stone is please? I can't find the info anywhere and the Bible only mentions the Lady Stone.

Thanks! I'm about to go vamp as I'm finishing up the College now and I've never done it before.

Baelor

The Lady Stone is the only stone I am aware of with health/stamina regeneration. I am actually excited for the vampire playthrough now for some reason.

Bulldog

Pretty sure I will join the dawguard, beat the dawnguard quest then have Serena turn me into a vampire later (at least I think that is possible)

I have been buying and saving all the elven arrows I can in case I decide to go the vampire route (3500 so far). Serena puts her blood on it and then a ton of arrows to block out the sun.

Baelor

Well last night was the first time I ever played as a Vampire Lord. It was actually kind of fun. Killed an unsuspecting thief after he tried to rob me and killed a group of named NPCs that followed me out to the Lady Stone for some reason. Not sure if they were Dawnguard or what. Got the Lady Stone ability so I should be able to regenerate during daytime now.

The night sight ability is pretty cool, makes wandering at night much simpler. I wish it would remain on until you choose to turn it off though.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Well I joined Dawnguard but am a Vampire Lord. So naturally the DG don't speak with me, but I don't really care. VL is quite awesome when you get used to it. I didn't really know about the lady stone offsetting the sunlight weakness so I usually go till level 4 and if I feel like it feed off somebody and reduce it. So the sunlight weakness has not affected my playing much. Try VL a bit more and get used to it, it is cool. Then the sunlight weakness will be the last thing on your mind.:):)
And the transformation is quite good to me. Its realistic. After all vampires are undead. Like tx12001 says they are not super models.

Baelor

Well I joined Dawnguard but am a Vampire Lord. So naturally the DG don't speak with me, but I don't really care. VL is quite awesome when you get used to it. I didn't really know about the lady stone offsetting the sunlight weakness so I usually go till level 4 and if I feel like it feed off somebody and reduce it. So the sunlight weakness has not affected my playing much. Try VL a bit more and get used to it, it is cool. Then the sunlight weakness will be the last thing on your mind.:):)
And the transformation is quite good to me. Its realistic. After all vampires are undead. Like tx12001 says they are not super models.

So you are saying if I feed on someone sleeping at night, the sunlight effects will be less drastic the next day?

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
So you are saying if I feed on someone sleeping at night, the sunlight effects will be less drastic the next day?

Yeah, the sunlight effect is -15 to all attributes at stage 1. It progresses through vampirism stages. At stage 4 its -60 to all. At stage 4 you get a notification you are a blood starved vampire.
The effect reverts from any 2,3,4 stage to stage 1 when you feed once. You don't have to wait till night to feed either. At stage 2 you get the power Vampire's Seduction. You find a secluded place with an NPC and when you are hidden activate the power button and Vampire's Seduction is used. Then you can feed on the NPC. Just press activate to feed.

Check this link for detailed info. They helped me a lot to understand.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampirism
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampire_Lord

Hope this helps.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
this aint Twilight, If you joined the Volkihar then that's it you are either a Vampire or you cant continue the Questline but if you want to rid yourself of vampirism then go see falion or go ask aela to make you a werewolf, and to answer you final question the second you became a Vampire Lord the dawnguard became your Arch Enemies there is no going back unless you wish to start your game again or you couldfinish the Vampire Questline and then Remove vampirism but think twice the VL is quite powerful when you are over level 45 and have all the perks, My recommendation remain a Vampire because at the End you get a real sense of Power at the End and a Castle, and if its easy yes it is easy to be a Vampire, if you can put up with the 50% weakness to Fire and the Stunted stats in Daylight -60 Health magicka but you do get a lot in return, 25% stronger illusiom,25% harder to detect when Sneaking, 100% resistance to poison and Disease and 50% resistance to Frost
^^^ THIS.
also one of the huge benefits of being a vampire "and the reason i abandon my humanity asap" is sure.. you may lose your healing ability during the day but come night time vampires not only heal but do so twice as fast as human characters and become so powerful its almost unfair.. lol and thats WITHOUT lord form! the good out weighs the bad by miles, once you get used to playing a vampire u realize this and wonder why you never did it before, i've tried to go back to playing a human character and i can't, theirs no reason.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
^^^ THIS.
also one of the huge benefits of being a vampire "and the reason i abandon my humanity asap" is sure.. you may lose your healing ability during the day but come night time vampires not only heal but do so twice as fast as human characters and become so powerful its almost unfair.. lol and thats WITHOUT lord form! the good out weighs the bad by miles, once you get used to playing a vampire u realize this and wonder why you never did it before, i've tried to go back to playing a human character and i can't, theirs no reason.
Agree! Besides, if you're playing a vampire, wouldn't you spend most of your busy time at night anyhow? As a person I spend most of my night sleeping so why wouldn't a vampire spend most of his day sleeping?

tx12001

^^^ THIS.
you don't heal twice as fast at night I am sure of it? but how about the sense of knowing if your a vampire who is a nightingale you will never ever have to serve nocturnal cause your immortal

Baelor

Has the Imperial-Breton skin glitch been fixed or does it still turn your skin redguard color? My skin does seem to look a bit different. Can it be fixed through Showracemenu on PC?

tx12001

Has the Imperial-Breton skin glitch been fixed or does it still turn your skin redguard color? My skin does seem to look a bit different. Can it be fixed through Showracemenu on PC?
umm.. no If you have it on PC then just get a Mod

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts