Need New Laptop.. Please help..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GreatorGood

Lost One
Hi all, So I am in need of a new laptop. I would like to do basic gaming like play Skyrim. even ESO and so on games like BF4 , GTAV//

I came across lenovo y510p with nivida graphics gt750m i7 4th gen is this good for $1200 or less for gaming overall hows this computer..

Also how do I go about installing mods on skyrim could anyone point me in right direction I would like to start to learn now before I even try it. I am just coruis and want to see what is needed to be done.

jarif

First of all, I recommend a Desktop especially since it is potentially more powerful and has better thermal cooler and you can build more parts into it.
It is not best to buy a Gaming PC but better to build it either ordering the parts or building the parts online, the advantage is it is cheaper and you can choose what you want.
I'd look into your parts and research them on google or youtube.
GPU - graphics card
CPU - processer (intel or AMD)
Cooling fan to cool down your PC
Your Motherboard
PSW - the powersuply

jarif

so heres a description of the components that im going to copy and paste

CPU - Processor or CPU manufacturers are constantly trying to beat each others products so new faster products are being announced all the time. You need to consider what you want to use the computer for and how long you want to keep it. If you want high performance for gaming and video editing go for the top of the range. For home and office use, choose a mid-range processor type and don't go for the slowest edition.

CPU heatsink - The heatsink is the cooler which sits on the top of your CPU and keeps it cool. The default cooler is good enough for all systems but if you want near silent noise but with faster fan spinning & better looking hardware then upgrade to one of the thermaltake orbs!

PSW - The Power Supply Unit (PSU) feeds power to all the components in your system. It also helps to suck air through the case. The power output needs to be enough to drive all the components that you have chosen. 350W may be enough for a basic system, but add a big CPU and graphics card, more drives, etc. and you need a lot more power. Invest in a better PSU for smoother power output, quieter operation and a more reliable system.

GPU - If your looking to play games you should buy the best card you can on your budget. If it's for general usage a basic card will be fine.

Motherboard - Choosing a good motherboard is important as the motherboard links all your other components together.

jarif

read them carefully and hopes it helps!
Try sites like.. http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/
but its up to you, what you use. Takes a little research thats all and you get cheaper results in building a PC and mabye better especially with customization. ;)

beastoking

Sunvaar Do Keizaal
I recommend either an Alienware, Samsung, Acer or Dell.
I'm currently running a Samsung laptop, it can run vanilla graphics skyrim on high, but if you got an ENB with it, prepare your anus.

jarif

I'm currently running a Samsung laptop, it can run vanilla graphics skyrim on high, but if you got an ENB with it, prepare your anus.

I do not recommend Alienware seriously, it is not worth for such price since you can get a lot better for a lot cheaper.

beastoking

Sunvaar Do Keizaal

I do not recommend Alienware seriously, it is not worth for such price since you can get a lot better for a lot cheaper.
I only recommend Alienware due to the fact it is a popular choice, and comes with a good graphics card, when most laptops have built in Intel chips, like mine, sadly.

jarif

I only recommend Alienware due to the fact it is a popular choice, and comes with a good graphics card, when most laptops have built in Intel chips, like mine, sadly.

well I recommend building it either online or in real life

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts