PC Need help with rendering limits (occlusion?) and making battlemaps for my D&D games

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

empathogen

I'm using Skyrim to make battlemaps for D&D (like these). However, a major issue I run into is that when I move the camera up too high in some interiors, it no longer renders the scene below. For example, if I have the camera here in this room, and I zoom out even a little more, it looks like this. Another example is if I start in this room and then zoom out, the rug in the room on the right disappears. I've found many instances where the interiors and lights in a room will disappear when moving the camera up (some limits are VERY close to the ceiling).

I installed the creation kit (I'm not a modder!) and tried figuring out if there's some sort of rendering limit somewhere, or a boundary box for rendering, but couldn't figure it out. I did watch many hours of tutorials before posting this. I've already increased the FOV quite a bit in the example images...I really need to move the camera higher up.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to disable this rendering limit in-game via the console, if possible, as it'd be a lot quicker for me to move around to different rooms and take pictures. Is this caused an occlusion plane, a black plane, or a roombox border? Any advice on this? Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Found the answer in room bound boxes. I had to check them in the view panel so I could see them, and then make them taller, but it worked!

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts