PS3 Need Help With Choosing A Build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Link

I've been looking into builds, wanting to do sort of a paladin thing. But the Mace and Healing spell just aren't doing it for me. I'm an all around player, i like to rush in, tank plops. Yenno. And also cast from afar.
What are some good builds that would suit me?

ShadowGambit

Standard Pally build:
- One handed (sword)
- Heavy Armor (Steel Plate or Ebony, Downguard if you have)
- Block
- Restoration: Heal, turn undead, ward
- Destruction: only the Shock spells for your long range attack. Augmented fire/frost if you want for your sword.

Maybe Enchanting and Smithing as craft skill.

ShadowGambit

Pally is if you want to play the good guy.

Now, if you want to play the Bad guy, I would do the following, knowing the style you like:

Eldritch Darknight (Heavy Armored Necromancer)
- Conjuration (Conjure Undead and Dremora)
- Heavy Armor (Daedric)
- Destruction (All 3 type of damage)
- One Handed (I prefer mace, I see it more fitted, but you can use whatever)

Rivertold

I'd say go for a Spell-sword build. One hander, heavy armor and spells - you want some Destruction and possibly Conjuration for the summoned allies and maybe bound weapons which look cool as s**t. Those would be my combat choices if I were making a spellsword you could always mix things up of course, however I'd stay away from Illusion if I were you - illusion spells compliment a different play style (more of a sneaky mage/assasin type), but it CAN be made to work if you like experiments. Spell-swords also give you more freedom to role-play (if that's your thing at all) - you don't need to be necessarily good.

However, I strongly urge you to reconsider a paladin. It's my current favorite build. One handed, block, heavy armor and restoration. I decided to go without ranged weapons, its your choice though. Roleplaying-wise paladins aren't exactly canon, but I just imagine my guy as an ordinary Nord warrior blessed by Talos himself to cleanse his homeland. Which is how I explain (to myself) his ability to enchant (bless) equipment, using Restoration to heal health and stamina (witht eh proper perk its awesome) and the fact that he uses axes (because come on - axes are the coolest).

Hope I managed to help with my sleep-deprived ramblings.

edit: Just saw that the Death Knight build above is basically the same as my Spellsword. Seems I obsoleted (is that even a word?) myself real fast. Have fun either way :)

DryadSpeaks

Killing dragons like it's nobody's business.
This should really be in the help section, as it's not exactly a guide or tutorial.

AtomicDonut

^ Agreed, but I will still help.
Try mine, I was a little hesitant to try it first, but I did and it is awesome.

I call it the Night-Walker

Skills:
Conjuration (Main skill, conjure Atronachs and Dremora, raise undead)
Light or Heavy Armor, Whichever you prefer, I used light.
Destruction (Use any lightning spell/rune/wall/cloak
One Handed (Bound Swords are your best friend)
Enchanting (Not needed, but it helps)

The Spectre of Skyrim

An Evil-turned-good guy

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts