Need help leveling up in Archery

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wraypau

I know about the trick with Feredal in Riverwood, but I had already helped out the other guy with the girl, so I cannot get Federal to join me as a companion. Can I reverse this in any way?

Is there anybody else that can teach Archery?

Can I still get Feredal in Riverwood to train and pickpocket him? Thanks!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Aela in Whiterun can teach you Archery. Another good way is to kite a Giant/Mammoth and perch yourself somewhere they can't reach you and fire away with your weakest arrows.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
fighting dragons helps level archery b/c it takes so many arrows to kill the bastards

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Go activate the warrior stone. Then go fight with bandits using only your bow. I suggest you go with this method because using exploits does in fact make the game harder because your enemies level up.

TGW

Aela in Whiterun can teach you Archery. Another good way is to kite a Giant/Mammoth and perch yourself somewhere they can't reach you and fire away with your weakest arrows.

I'm not sure this "weakest arrow" suggestion works because it seems that I level up faster when I do greater amounts of damage as opposed to more hits with less power each hit. This means that in order to level faster, take the strongest bows and arrows you can and then go hunting creatures that can take several hits, the more the merrier (at your own risk! :p) .

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You don't have to kite, at least not that long. Apparently Mammoths hate water more than cats do.

Dvalin

Weapons skill levels by how much damage you do, ie a daeric arrow will give you more xp than an iron arrow will. Its the same with leveling armor, the more damage you TAKE the faster you level. I'm going to agree with Nightmare Shadow and advise you don't use exploits. Skyrim is excellently balanced when it comes to leveling and exploits tend to greatly upset that balance. If you want to be an archer, buy a bow and some arrows. Play the game and have fun. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts