1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Need help leveling up in Archery

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Wraypau, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Wraypau Member

Message Count:
    I know about the trick with Feredal in Riverwood, but I had already helped out the other guy with the girl, so I cannot get Federal to join me as a companion. Can I reverse this in any way?

Is there anybody else that can teach Archery?

Can I still get Feredal in Riverwood to train and pickpocket him? Thanks!
  2. game1524 New Member

Message Count:
    aela in whiterun teaches master or expert archery.
  3. Auxilium In my opinion..

Message Count:
    Aela in Whiterun can teach you Archery. Another good way is to kite a Giant/Mammoth and perch yourself somewhere they can't reach you and fire away with your weakest arrows.
  4. M'aiqaelF Castle Rock, CO

Message Count:
    fighting dragons helps level archery b/c it takes so many arrows to kill the bastards
  5. Nightmare Shadow Master of Shadow

Message Count:
    Go activate the warrior stone. Then go fight with bandits using only your bow. I suggest you go with this method because using exploits does in fact make the game harder because your enemies level up.
  6. TGW Member

Message Count:
    I'm not sure this "weakest arrow" suggestion works because it seems that I level up faster when I do greater amounts of damage as opposed to more hits with less power each hit. This means that in order to level faster, take the strongest bows and arrows you can and then go hunting creatures that can take several hits, the more the merrier (at your own risk! :p) .
  7. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    You don't have to kite, at least not that long. Apparently Mammoths hate water more than cats do.
  8. Dvalin Active Member

Message Count:
    Weapons skill levels by how much damage you do, ie a daeric arrow will give you more xp than an iron arrow will. Its the same with leveling armor, the more damage you TAKE the faster you level. I'm going to agree with Nightmare Shadow and advise you don't use exploits. Skyrim is excellently balanced when it comes to leveling and exploits tend to greatly upset that balance. If you want to be an archer, buy a bow and some arrows. Play the game and have fun. :)
  9. TGW Member

Message Count:
    Really? Wow, that's funny. I'm going to try that. :D
  10. Dvalin Active Member

Message Count:
    I wonder what a mammoth thinks of a skeever....
  11. TGW Member

Message Count:
    They raise their foot, look at it, and then think, "Ewwwww" in true Far Side fashion. :p