• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
Can someone tell me how to download Daggerfall on my Dell Windows 8 laptop please? I'm not good with computers so if its not too much to ask a step-by-step process would be nice. Thanks.

More info: I downloaded a file of the game. In my downloads document folder there's a file:

• DFInstallzip
It has two other folders inside it

• DAGGER
  • DFCD

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
If you visit the Bethesda website, they have a link to download Daggerfall. It comes with step by step instructions on how to install/run the game via Dosbox.

PelagiusIV

Can someone tell me how to download Daggerfall on my Dell Windows 8 laptop please? I'm not good with computers so if its not too much to ask a step-by-step process would be nice. Thanks.

More info: I downloaded a file of the game. In my downloads document folder there's a file:

• DFInstallzip
It has two other folders inside it

• DAGGER
  • DFCD

I used the same link provided by Janus303 today, and it worked perfectly for me. Its just a simple click, download, play. Nothing extra. And I'm running it on Windows 8. Only downfall, I have no idea how to have my character look up and down, resulting in having 2 characters already die to the first rat and having to create a new character because I keep forgetting to save once I finish making one :sadface:

Janus3003

I used the same link provided by Janus303 today, and it worked perfectly for me. Its just a simple click, download, play. Nothing extra. And I'm running it on Windows 8. Only downfall, I have no idea how to have my character look up and down, resulting in having 2 characters already die to the first rat and having to create a new character because I keep forgetting to save once I finish making one :sadface:
Open the menu (Escape, I think) and change your options. I prefer to look with the mouse and move with WASD.

Janus3003

Thanks for the help! I'll jump on in a little bit and make the change. I'm really pumped to play this, minus the graphics, is it worth playing?
I think it is. It's definitely got a learning curve (I admit to using a few guides), but once you start figuring out the game's logic, it's a lot of fun.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I need help here. Whenever the download completes , it says ''Could not reach connection'' or something like that. I am using the UESP file. I am using Google Chrome and my Windows version is W7.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
How many times have you tried? I've had that issue with Chrome before (I also use Windows 7), and simply downloading it a second time worked.

I'm downloading DaggerfallSetup.exe myself now to see if I get the same problem.

I have downloaded it two times in Chrome (Never tried before in other browsers) and both of them failed.

Janus3003

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Thanks , I cleared my cache and now it worked properly :). Though I have one problem , how do I attack with the weapon ?

Janus3003

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Right click and drag. Weird, I know, but you get used to it.

You might want to look at some of the info here- http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Daggerfall It helped me a lot.

Thanks. It's kinda tough for me. I mean I have a laptop and I'm lefty , so I use the arrow keys to move but then use the W and S key to view up and down plus the s*** mouse. It's really tough for me :/. Wish I was a right-handed person and had a proper mouse...

Janus3003

Thanks. It's kinda tough for me. I mean I have a laptop and I'm lefty , so I use the arrow keys to move but then use the W and S key to view up and down plus the s*** mouse. It's really tough for me :/. Wish I was a right-handed person and had a proper mouse...

Go to your options and change your controls. Worked wonders for me.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Go to your options and change your controls. Worked wonders for me.

Also , how do I change the difficulty , it is becoming really difficult with all the monsters doing high damage. I am still stuck in the Privateer's Hold.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts