need advice on vampire hunter build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tom

Article Writer
in anticipation for Dawnguard i want to get a build ready, i am wanting to be a vampire hunter? any advice on a good build? i have a dark elf assassin who i could adapt to become one, using a crossbow and dual wield sword. plus the sneaking skills he has could come in handy. but i have fought against vampires as him before and light armour sucks againts them

i was thinking of making a paladin, heavy armour shield and sword and restoration , i heard paladins are one of the best build to stay alive and be able to kill most things. but im not sure he would make good use of a crossbow? but i do like how they destroy undead.

what do you guys think?

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
Bosmer, for sure.

You won't want to get too close to them , so the bow and arrow approach would be highly recommended , and the wood elves just happen to have +10 archery.
Also , unless you want to turn into a vampire vampire hunter ( like Movarth , featured in the book Immortal Blood ) you'll want to avoid Sanguinaree Vampiris , so the Bosmer trait of 50% resistance to disease would be very beneficial.

Ryokozan

you could use a crossbow with the paladin build. Shoot them with bolts until they close in then switch to your sword and shield.

Tom

Article Writer
would you think that would fit into there play-style? on most rpg's paladins dont use them

Ryokozan

despite that it could give you an advantage in combat by weakening your enemies or even killing them before they get near you.

Tom

Article Writer
true, i could make the generic paladin build (who would own vampires) but add a crossbow

Ryokozan

that would work very well but I would get steady hand 1/2 or 2/2 it makes dodging arrows or magic while returning fire alot easier.

Tom

Article Writer
do you think that my assassin would fit the vampire hunter role better? already being good with swords and bows? he has points in light armour, i could try to make him one? it would also save time on making a new character.

Ryokozan

Personally i think the vampire lord role would fit your assassin better because of the dunmer natural fire resistance and the bonuses to sneak you get from Vampiris, though im not sure if that bonus applies to vampire lords or just vampires.

Tom

Article Writer
true, i play him as a more good character rather than the evil assassin. it would fit his roleplay well to hunt vampires. but i think his shadow warrior is broke, every time i enter it people still attack me its like it never worked

Tom

Article Writer
yeah but i used to be able to drop into it then attack and get a stealth kill straight away, i dont even get the bonus anymore :sadface:

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Race don't matter past lvl 10-15, though a dark elf's fire cloak is a huge bonus against masters. Bows, fire spells and dual wield with elemental fury ( requires no enchantment on weapons) combined with dual weapon perk that increases speed means you will do a full dual power attack in under a second

Heavy armor for use of tanking. Dawnbreaker or a Silver Sword. Destruction for fire? You could use soul trap to condemn them for being vampires. Carry lots of garlic.

Tom

Article Writer
not sure of build ideas but Dawnbreaker would be a good weapon of choice.

yeah i will get this as soon as i can.

started to make a paladin, gone for breton as race due to their magic resistance and lots of vampires use magic.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts