1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Need a real fix for follower bug. (PC)

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Daz, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Daz

Daz New Member

Alright, so I've got a very similar problem to a lot of people, but with some conditions that make it unique(as far as I can tell with a dozen or so Internet searches for a fix).

I want to get a follower, but every time I ask it says I already have one. I don't. I have absolutely NO idea who this apparent follower is, so using a character id in a console command isn't possible without going through every single character id. I am NOT in the middle of a companions quest, or any other quest that requires a follower. I can't even remember the last time I used a follower since I prefer stealth and most followers just go charging in when they see an enemy, so I have rarely used them.

I've also tried the waiting (17 days before I got fed up with it), sleeping (another 12 days), changing maps, backtracking the last seven hours or so of gameplay. There's nothing that has so far been suggested that has worked.

I saw the one fix with the Dawnstar Sanctuary, but I can't enter it, and I really don't want to go questing through all the dark brotherhood quests just to be able to have a follower. Is there any console command that will just drop any followers I might have? Or some other way to drop followers?
  2. Fate

Fate >Living, Loving, Learning<

Have you tried running a clean install on your PC? And make sure you have all the recent patches out there.
  3. Michichael

Michichael New Member

console the following:

set PlayerFollowerCount to 0
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    mman2112: 1 Point (Worked for me) Jul 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    ASDFel likes this.