Need a real fix for follower bug. (PC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daz

Alright, so I've got a very similar problem to a lot of people, but with some conditions that make it unique(as far as I can tell with a dozen or so Internet searches for a fix).

I want to get a follower, but every time I ask it says I already have one. I don't. I have absolutely NO idea who this apparent follower is, so using a character id in a console command isn't possible without going through every single character id. I am NOT in the middle of a companions quest, or any other quest that requires a follower. I can't even remember the last time I used a follower since I prefer stealth and most followers just go charging in when they see an enemy, so I have rarely used them.

I've also tried the waiting (17 days before I got fed up with it), sleeping (another 12 days), changing maps, backtracking the last seven hours or so of gameplay. There's nothing that has so far been suggested that has worked.

I saw the one fix with the Dawnstar Sanctuary, but I can't enter it, and I really don't want to go questing through all the dark brotherhood quests just to be able to have a follower. Is there any console command that will just drop any followers I might have? Or some other way to drop followers?

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
Have you tried running a clean install on your PC? And make sure you have all the recent patches out there.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts