• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ghosthawk

just about to play the game but idk how to build a proper spec. I want to make a archer/conjure build using conjure bow and summon monsters to tank for me. what is the best race for this and what powers or points do i pick and at the summoning stone do i pick mage or thief thank you for the help.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Race: Altmer (High Elf)

Stone: Mage or Thief at the start but I would suggest hunting down Lover as it helps you level up ALL skills faster. Later in the game go with the Lord for the defensive boost.

Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

If you want I can suggest more things beyond this to make it a full build. Psiberzerker had a build around here somewhere that was just this and it was exactly what you wanted. But tell me in more detail what you want and I'll try to suggest the best custom crafted build for you.

Also I have a guide I wrote about Conjuration summons you may want to look at: Conjuration - A short instruction on how to make the most of your summons | Skyrim Forums

Ghosthawk

yes please i would love a build basically i have an overplan an archer(boundbow) who summons minions to tank at the begining when the ask u what stone to activate what should i pick and also what should i focus on leveling first conjure or archery. high elf over the breton or dark elf?

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Race: Altmer/Breton/ Bosmer
Altmer: +50 Magicka
Breton: Bonus in Conjuration and know the Conjure Familiar spell
Bosmer: Bonus is Archery

Being a Conjurer/Archer you will need something that can tank, I would advise you level up your Conjuration to get the Adept Conjuration perk and to buy the Conjure Frost Atronach spell from the Conjuration teacher at the Coll of Winterhold. It is the first reliable tank at the beginning of the game. At level 75 of Conjuration you can get the Conjure Dremora Lord spell which tanks better than the Frost Atronach and deals way more damage. At level 90 of Conjuration get the Dead Thrall spell from the Conjuration teacher by completing the Conjuration Ritual Spell quest. You get this by asking if there y more things to be learned. Using Dead Thrall for a reliable thral mto tank might require research but a Bandit Chief would work perfectly. Doing the Companions questline gets you Krev the Skinner, a named Bandit Chief. Once you get to level 20 do the Daedric quest of Mephala to get the Ebony Blade. Upgrade it completly, the Dead Thrall spell works best, just kill the person, thrall them, and repeat. The Ebony Blade fully upgraded never has to be charged and absorbes 30 in health. Great for melee tank. If you go to Uttering Hills Cave you MIGHT find a very strong Bandit Chief. I found one there and he one hitted Lydia, killed Stenvar (dead thrall)in one hit, and killed me in 1. (That was on Novice) This was at about level 18 and once we killed him I gave him the Ebony Blade and he kills Giants with no problem (on master) and almost never dies. I hope this helps you out.

Honestly Bound Bow is powerful enough that you don't have to overthink it. Keep your best summon in the other hand (Not Flaming Familiar, it doesn't last long enough) so you can simulcast. I suggest Dremora Lord, it just doesn't get better than that for a Tank, but Storm Atronach works better for shooting down Dragons. My varient adds Block with The Targe of the Blooded so you're not completely helpless if you get overrun. Other than that, I highly recommend heading straight for Fort Amol to get it free (In a bucket in the corner of the Prison) and go Altmer so you don't have to invest in Magicka (You can cast it at level 1 with a novice hood) as well as having the fastest running speed. I also went unarmored so that wouldn't slow me down.

The racial bonuses at the start barely help at all. The main selling point of any race is its racial ability. A Bosmer's +10 in shooting is pointless when you can gain 35 levels in it right off the bat from a more useful race.

Ideally, you want to pick an Altmer for the extra storage of magicka, as well as the unique racial power that multiplies the rate at which you regenerate used Magicka for a short while.

Race: Altmer
Stone: Intitially Mage. - Move up to Lover while you're still training.
Stat Allocation: Ideally, 3/3/2 or 3/2/3 (HP, Magicka, Stamina). Per 8 Levels (there are 81, but you gain 80 since you begin at 1)

I am not a huge fan of Stamina unless block and a sword is involved, but it serves utility purposes such as extended run time and carry weight; it also assists with an archer's zoom-hold time.

You can avoid Magicka almost completely with the inclusion of Enchanting, however it takes rather long to get Enchanting to an ideal level (ie 100).

For tanks - do you not wish to go sneak? If not, then I would have a partner, and also summon an Atronach. The Ice Atronachs are tankish, but Storms and Dremora Lords are where it's at.

Strategy:For Quick Archery Training
  1. (Optional) Make sure you have a pretty decent amount of money early on (A bit more than 1000 is good).
  2. Complete the very simple quest involving Faendel and Sven's interest in Camilla Valerius. Make sure you take Faendel's side.
  3. Get him to follow you.
  4. Constantly pay him to train you in Archery until you must level up
  5. Access his inventory with the "trade" option and take your money back. NOTE: This only works until level 50.
Strategy:For Quick Conjuration Training
  1. Learn "Bound Sword" as soon as possible (it is sold in Whiterun by Farengar, but it may be even closer in Falkreath sold by the general store)
  2. (Optional) Kill Anise (around Riverwood/Falkreath) for some Magicka Regenerative Robes. She is weak.
  3. Make sure any early perks you have are immediately invested into the Conjuration Novice Perk.
  4. Find the small mudcrab across the river in Riverwood and get it to chase you.
  5. Find a safe point like a rock, or just keep running around.
  6. Constantly use Bound Sword - Unequip it - Use it again. You will gain levels quickly. Do this until level 50 (The level at which you can access Bound Bow, which is sold only in Winterhold's College.
Strategy:For Quick Sneak Training

1. Make it up until the Greybeard's Part of the main Dragonborn quest (you can't miss it). After they have given you the "Horn or Jurgen Windcaller" assignment, they are fair game to practice sneak on. The skill increase at an exponential rate, but it is fairly cheap (like the above mentioned methods of quick skill increase).
  2. When they kneel down, sneak behind them and use (preferably any loose dagger) on them until they stand up.
  3. Repeat this process until your desired level.
NOTE: You can use the Bound Sword vs mudcrab-in-combat technique until 100, it is that efficient.
Strategy: For Archery Training.

From this point, if you have done both of these you should have 50 (at least) in both Conjuration and Archery, and an optimal level in Conjuration to use the Conjured Bow. This training does not take very long, and it's worth it. Conjuration is one of the most overpowered skills, as well as one of the easiest to train. When you reach the climax of the Conjuration Training, you can summon a Dremora Lord. When you reach 100, you can invest in the "Twin Souls" perk which allows you to summon TWO Dremora Lords. These creatures are overpowered as it is, so with the inclusion of hidden, powerful conjured arrows, you may lose the momentum of interest quickly.

You may want to include Archery, Conjuration, Sneak, Light Armor, Enchanting, and Illusion. I don't exactly know what qualifies for the build you specifically desire, but you can't go wrong with Sneak, Conjuration, and Archery right off the bat.

Ok, about races: The main things that will be significant throughout the game are daily powers, racial bonuses, and height/running speed. Altmer is the tallest/fastest, has the most Magicka (So you can spend stat points on Health instead) and can cast Highborn once per day. Since your primary Magic is Conjuration, and most of those spells last more than a minute, the Highborn power won't do you much good. Mobility is crucial for any kind of archer, though, and it just doesn't get any better than High Elves for that. As mentioned above, they can also cast Bound Bow with a Novice Hood at level 1 without investing any more in Magicka. A head start in Conjuration doesn't hurt.

I have also used Bound Sword, or Battleaxe as a swap with the bow. Now, this is a slow transition, but if you're into Immersion, you don't need to go into the menu, you can just sheathe, and recast. My first character, Elbereth used this combo, mostly with Wuld for mobillity, but FRD is also nice for sending them flying back where you can shoot them while they get up. I recomend the sword, because it leaves your off hand free to cast the Bow immediately. You still have to sheathe to get out the sword again, which is why you have one of the starter shouts qued up. When they charge you, and they will, you can either blow them back to cast the sword, or cast it early, and Wuld in to strike. I'd rather Critical Charge to start it off with Stagger.

I went Unarmored, for maximum mobility, but this means running through the melee instead of standing there, and playing tank. Even with armor, you're not going to be a tank unless you go heavy, and then, you'll be slightly weaker in the melee anyway. Either Light (Stacking as much Fortify Archery as you can,) or heavy around Robes of Conjuration for minimal armor/encumbrance with magic assistance. I'd also keep some summons handy, like Frost Atronach to hold the door (Real handy in Forelhost) or Dremora Lord, because he's got a nice long duration, and mashes everything flat. (Kind of chews the scenery, though.)

Skill boosts for race only really matter if you want to keep your level low, and limit the number of skills you invest in (Hopefully to those your race comes with.) This also limits the number of Perk points you unlock, and the Stat points you can spend, so it's kind of an advanced build strategy. (You have to be extremely efficient, and waste few if any Perks.) You can do it with this build, since Archery is a 2 branch tree, you don't have to take both, and a lot of perks are optional. 1 Handed is the opposite, so don't bother with Bladesman, nor Dual Wield, just Armsman (5) Fighting Stance, and Critical Charge for the hit, and run tactics. Shoot archers first, then mages, and run circles around the sluggers, because you're faster than them, and can't take too many hits. Novice-Adept Conjuration (Expert for Dremora Lord,) Mystic Binding, and Summoner is nice. The upshot to this is, everything else will be low level too (Including loot, but you cast your weapons, and don't use armor, you can still buy Master Robes when you get to 90 in Conjuration.) Twin Souls, and Thralls are extremely nice, so you don't have to keep recasting, but that means either Atromancy, or necromancy. There's some really nice thrallable bodies out there if you know what to look for.

Necro-archer is nasty. Shoot them, resurrect the fallen as they become available, and run around the little moshpit you've created while they're distracted by the confusion. I like to Thrall Vampire Lords, load their bodies with the best weapons you can get, clean out Lost Volskygg for some Ebony, and maybe some good Light Armor to boot. 2 Vampire Lords and a good Follower (Eola can raise dead too, and you can give her Staffs of the Zombie to encourage her.) Now, you can have 2 VLs, they can raise one each, and so can Eola for a grand total of 7 in your little party, and that's if you don't raise more Conjurers/Necromancers/Vampires to raise even More! I've gotten into the low triple digits likeat, but the tertiary bodies don't last long, and ash when they're done. This makes The Ritual for Amateurs, and you have the bow for fire support. I wouldn't even bother with the Sword for the Necroarcher variant.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts