• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mytheos

hi guys, I'm going to make a necromancer but I only like nords, khajit, dark elves, and orcs.

does it make a difference which race I choose? I don't think it really matters what race if none are good at it. I like orc and khajit most

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Jaeger

Well, the average Bretonian is better at it since they get +20 to conjuring. Bretonians also can easily reach the Magic resistance cap of 85% which applies to ALL magical effects be it dragon cold or fire breath, spell traps, spells, snow whisps, etc.

If you add the vampire status and Necromage perk (because necromancer and vampire goes hand in hand) you don't have to have the Lord Stone and still get the 85% MR cap, and can get the Ritual Stone.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
No, race doesn't really matter. When first starting out some races are naturally better at some things, but as you play this will change depending on your play style. As Jaeger mentioned, Bretonians are better at dealing with magic but it's all up to your personal preference.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
High elves are also very good at magic, as they have that Highborn power to allow them to regenerate magicka faster.

Nick G.

Shield Brother
I would say either a High Elf or a Breton would be good for a Necromancer.
Both because they both are good classes for Magic.

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Out of the ones that you like, Dark Elf. Other magic will come in handy when it comes to being a necromancer, and Dark Elf's are pretty magic based, but really can be anything. Plus when it comes to facing other mages, witches, necromancers, and hagravens, you have 50% resistance to fire.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
If you add the vampire status and Necromage perk (because necromancer and vampire goes hand in hand) you don't have to have the Lord Stone and still get the 85% MR cap, and can get the Ritual Stone.
Question: Does this also apply to Active Effects such as Weakness to Fire and the Magic Resistance you can get from the Alteration perk tree?

Mytheos

I made a Breton in the end and I'm surprised how much I like him. normally bretons are weird looking but I spent hours designing his looks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts