Necromancer Vampire advice needed

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Twiffle

As the title says i need advice on this type of build, Vampires and necromancers have never sat well with me personally, but as i have played everything in the past, and some i have made up myself, i think its time to give it a go, or try, so my dilemna is, what race, perks, major stuff etc etc, this is an area i have no idea of so treat me as a total novice. and just to let you know i dont have any DLC, just the vanilla game with all the updates, i look forward to see the suggestions for this type of play/build,

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
As the title says i need advice on this type of build, Vampires and necromancers have never sat well with me personally, but as i have played everything in the past, and some i have made up myself, i think its time to give it a go, or try, so my dilemna is, what race, perks, major stuff etc etc, this is an area i have no idea of so treat me as a total novice. and just to let you know i dont have any DLC, just the vanilla game with all the updates, i look forward to see the suggestions for this type of play/build,
Oooo... that does sound like a cool build. I run around killing both of 'em all the time. Are you using one of the DLCs? I can't see it being all that much fun on regular skyrim w/out the DLCs. Will he/she be good or evil? I know, kinda a dumb question, but I think it might be an interesting challenge to play a Good Necromancer/Vampire.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
Well Bretons are a good choice for conjuring although Dunmer have the useful fire resistance that is helpful with keeping you alive. Nords as vampires offer immunity to frost. In the end it's really up to personal choice.

Skills/perks are also subjective. Conjuration, sneak, light armor, one handed, and illusion is a basic stealth character, swap stealth skills for combat for a battlemage, same idea for a mage. Of course you will need the necromancy perks in the conjuration tree though.

Make sure you never go too thirsty if you want to walk amongst the townfolk :p

Two Bears

I've played lots of vampire necromancers. They and nightblades are kind of my specialty.

Bretons make excellent conjurers of any type with their bonus to Conjuration, as do Altmer with their highborn racial ability. That being said, you can make a good necromancer out of any race in the game, so you may just want to pick for aesthetics if you like.

Regarding the actual conjuration tree, you'll want to take all of the level perks (novice through master), as well as dual casting to give you a boost to the level of creatures you can raise and the duration of that effect. You will also need both ranks of the summoner perk to raise things from further away, the necromancy perk for greater duration, dark souls to give your reanimated or summoned undead more health and the twin souls perk to have two of them. I also suggest investing in Illusion up to at least level 50 to take the quiet casting perk. With that, you can hide (something that vampires are really good at) and raise slain opponents that will attack the remaining living ones. That also means that the sneak tree is also something you'll want to invest in.

All you need now is a way to make those initial kills so you can raise some corpses. You're already going to have 100 in conjuration, so you may want to go the bound weapon route. Failing that, destruction and non-magical archery are both good choices. Melee is a bad idea; you're going to be squishy.

For point distribution, I go 3 points magicka 1 point health for the duration of the game. Stamina is not important to mages. Have fun!

ShangTsung

wood elf's make for a really badass looking vampire, the red eyes suit them for some reason.. my wood elf vampire lord Kain is always decked out in necromancer robes and a hoody, wish i could upload a pic of him he looks freakin awesome! anyways what i always go with on a vampire character is wood elf race, medium width, and long white hair, trust me it makes you look badass once you're a vampire. ;)

AS88

Staff member
I'd go for an Illusion-based sort of build. I've played it and it's great fun. Find a group of enemies, cast a Frenzy spell on as many as possible, and when they start to fall, raise them until there aren't any left. Illusion fits in with the vampire theme, and obviously necromancy is what you're going for. I think this is the best way to do it, it gives you immense power over the minds and lives of your victims (which goes along with the fact that vampires are creations of Molag Bal - Daedric Prince of Domination, etc), instead of just throwing fire or lightning around everywhere, which is pretty much a battlemage. I think vampires have a really good opportunity for Illusion and Conjuration builds, especially with a RP element thrown in.

Not to mention, vampires also have a 25% boost to the effectiveness of Illusion spells, and the Necromage perk can make things very interesting. :)

I think you'll enjoy playing something different, just don't let the darkness consume you :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts