• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Forumate

Race: Breton
Primary skills: Conjuration, Illusion
Secondary skills: Alteration, Restoration
Stone: Ritual (reanimates all dead around you once a day)
Shrine: Akatosh 10% magicka regen
Apperal: Necromancer Robes, Vokun Mask, Necrmancer's Amulet, Ring of magicka regen

I would start off each battle by duel casting a flesh spell for added protection and than I would conjure a bound weapon to cut down my first target quickly, resurrect him, and than take on the rest of my foes with my new ally.

If I run into a big group of targets I will use a frenzy spell to make them kill each other and than I would finish off the survivor with a bound weapon. Or I would resurrect his fallen comrades and have them do it.

Build:
http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder...111111111000000000000001011111002101113111103

Justus

The keeper of the peace
that sounds so cool. some of you guys are very creative. the dragon question is important tho. im guessing you could have some dead archers, that would do your bidding for you. can you have undead followers? do they level or are they at whatever they were when you killed them? this is a part of the game I have not explored at all.

Forumate

This build was in the guide book so I'm not as creative as you guys might think. Dragons would be hard to fight with this build so I may just leave them out of my game. In other words I won't talk to the jarl of whiterun to start the main quest.

Justus

The keeper of the peace
would you not still have random dragon encounters? or is that a spawn for all other dragons after Helgen.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Very cool build. Though not just dragons seem like they would be a problem, basically any tough 1 on 1 fight. Getting the mask from Vokun, for instance, would be pretty tough while wearing necromancer robes.
I'm a breton doing a conjuration build right now. At the moment I'm using atronachs, but once I get the spell that lets you permanently conjure an undead I'm going to switch to that and just have two undead guys follow me around all the time and resurrect them if they die again.

The difference in my build is that since I don't have a lot of points invested in health, armor has been very important to me. So instead of robes that boost magic, I wear all heavy armor, including a shield in the left hand and make heavy use of the alteration spells that increase armor rating further such as stoneflesh. In addition I also like to wear accessories that either boost one handed damage or increase magic resistance instead of ones that boost my magic/magic regeneration. I still can't charge in like a warrior since I don't have a lot invested in health or stamina, but I'm not helpless if I need to swing a sword either.

Right now I start every fight by summoning an atronach, casting stoneflesh, then conjuring a sword. Though that will change once I reach 100 in conjuration and can have two summoned creatures and have access to the Dead Thrall spell.

I don't really know what to call the build. It's kind of similar to your necromancer build, or at least will be once I get to 100 in conjuration and switch to summoning undead, but I'll be better armored though at the cost of not as good magic regeneration.

The idea of raising undead you just killed with the bound sword is intriguing though and something I'll have to think about. The only way I could make it work though would be to lose the shield and duel wield spells otherwise I'd be constantly having to conjure another bound sword after I used a raise zombie spell. I like shields :sadface: but I might play around with it.
Thanks for the good thread.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
would you not still have random dragon encounters? or is that a spawn for all other dragons after Helgen.

That's only after you kill the dragon in Whiterun. He said he's not gonna do that.

Urmich Deadmire

Ok so I just made this account so I can reply to you all. I have a full blown Necromancer that is lvl 43. To deal with Dragons you just need to have the dragon follow you to an area that has mobs there that will attack it that will also give you fresh corpses to animate when they die. I use Conjuration, and Illusion as my main forms of Attack and Defence. Have Put points into Destruction to give me some damage dealing so I can help kill the enemy while my Undead do their work. Constantly use your dead spells to raise new bodies that drop even if your minion is still alive. That way you build Conjuration fast, I mean really fast! at the begining use bound weapons to help boost your skill and kill for fresh new bodies. Make sure to Take the Illusion perks so you can still use your spells on the higher mobs once you level up. If you start to get overwelmed fire off fear and invisabliaty then look for more dead bodies to raise. If you can Fire off a Frenzy so they will kill each other. But once again for Dragons lead them to populated areas, even if they are enemies. they will turn on the dragon and bodies will start piling up.

Adam Warlock

I`ve had some success mixing clothes with armor for a build like you describe.

Much in the style of the Mage Orchedor , I`ve found that armored gauntlets and boots don`t break the look of a wizard or destroy sneaking ability but can provide enhanced protection with a flesh spell added.
I was also able to find some Robes of Resurgence(150% magicka regen) that had the Necro green skull on them.

Circlet or helm with fortify magicka/magicka regen
Robes of Resurgence
Ebony/daedric gauntlets with fortify magicka/ fortify 1h
Ebony/daedric boots with muffle/fortify stamina
Jewelry with health and resist magic.
When Magicka is exhausted , I switch to enchanted sword(shock and fire) and shield with health and resist magic.
I use either archer Thralls /Mages with shock spells or Lightning staffs for range and dragon fights.

Battle tactic for ground-based foes is to go into sneak , skirt around/behind the enemy until they`ve engaged my thralls , then sneak attacks from the flank or rear as the enemy is weakened.
Instead of a shield , I often keep a summoning spell in the left hand (Atronach or Dremora) and will add replacement help as soon as I see one of my starters go down.

The Gray Fox

Article Writer
I don't use heavy armor on my mages. I feel that it is pointless with the perk in alteration that gives double the protection if not wearing any armor. I use that perk instead. and my necromancer has a follower to cut down my enemies so that I can raise those buggers up to cut down more. The follower is Mercutio. I would reccomend him as a follower, because he has destruction magic. which a good necromancer has no use for. I also use some summoning spells because you never know when a flame atrinarch will tear someone up. I also wear the dragon priest mask that you get from beating the mages college and the archmages robes and boots,gloves, rings, and necklaces, that boost my magicka, my Magicka regen, or my resistance to the elements (fire frost and shock) or things that lessen the cost of various schools such as conjuration. and use the ritual stone.

Vokun isn't all that tough with a Breton, so long as you can deal significant damage to him. He only uses magic (As with all Dragon Priests) so with Dragonskin, you have a minute where half of their spells turn into Magicka for you. The Atronach stone doubles this. Unfortunately, he also has significant Magic Resistance, so bound swords is the way to go. As for Dragons, drop a Storm Atronach (or two) Just because you specialize in Necromancy doesn't mean you can't use other summons. (Nor bound weapons, for that matter.)

Steam Community :: rrubright :: Screenshots Steam Community :: rrubright :: Screenshots

Restoration would be nice, for the Necromage perk, which raises the level of bodies you can resurrect. Also Dual Casting, and the Necromancy perks, of course. Illusion isn't needed, but helps with Fury/Frenzy so they create bodies for you. Even with Dead Thrall, don't expect to always have the kinds of bodies you need. Though nominally permanent, they randomly ash, and dissapear when you go through cells. You can lose equipment given to them this way, so I wouldn't risk anything valuable/irreplaceable like Daedric Artifacts, Unique Items, or self enchanted ones that are too high value.

Necromancybis only as useful as the bodies you have to work with. In some Dwemer Ruins, you'd pretty much be alone. For followers, I suggest Jenassa (Excellent archer, best dual wield) Belrand (Spellsword, winner of the Followers Free 4 All) Eola (Nightblade, and necromancer, she'll add another body to your army of the undead.) or Mjoll the Lioness (Tank, plain and simple, but one you don't have to maintain.) For Thralls, the best are Master Vampires, such as Movarth. They drain health to heal themselves, use weapons/armor, and can raise more dead for you. With Eola, and 2 Vampire Thralls, that's 7 in your party, and they could raise more necromancers in the right dungeon. Have some other thing to do in combat with thralls, because if you summon anything else (or a Cloak spell, for some reason) they drop. I like a Bow.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts