• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Does Necromage still work as it did?

• Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One sec, I'll check

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AS88

Staff member
Hey guys :)

I've heard that the Necromage glitch/bug/exploit has been fixed, is this true?

I certainly hope not :p

Cheers

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Where did you hear this? A lot of players don't understand how the exploit works in conjunction with other effects. Most notably they don't understand how it works with the Atronach Stone and and Atronach Perk to give 100% Spell Absorption.

Also the Unofficial Skyrim Patch fixes this bug.

Bethesda doesn't do stealth patches AFAIK.

AS88

Staff member
Where did you hear this? A lot of players don't understand how the exploit works in conjunction with other effects. Most notably they don't understand how it works with the Atronach Stone and and Atronach Perk to give 100% Spell Absorption.

Also the Unofficial Skyrim Patch fixes this bug.

Bethesda doesn't do stealth patches AFAIK.

I don't remember exactly who or where, but it was just a forum poster, hence the question to the wider community.

Am I right in thinking that the perk must be taken prior to adding other effects? (i.e. enchanting items or choosing stones, etc)

Also, is there a way to still have the unofficial patch but somehow keep Necromage? I'm currently on PS3 but am looking to move over to PC and playing the game with mods, so that's for future reference more than anything.

Thanks, as always :)

Dagmar

I don't remember exactly who or where, but it was just a forum poster, hence the question to the wider community.
I've seen posts like that before and they fell into one of the two categories I mentioned above.
Am I right in thinking that the perk must be taken prior to adding other effects? (i.e. enchanting items or choosing stones, etc)
You have to have the perk first so this does mean you need to have it before selecting a stone. For the Atronach perks they have to be taken after the Necromage perk. The perk increases the effect on you not the enchantment itself so you would only need to reequip an item at most.
Also, is there a way to still have the unofficial patch but somehow keep Necromage? I'm currently on PS3 but am looking to move over to PC and playing the game with mods, so that's for future reference more than anything.
Yes, there's a separate mod that undoes the Necromage fix in the USKP.

AS88

Staff member
I've seen posts like that before and they fell into one of the two categories I mentioned above.
You have to have the perk first so this does mean you need to have it before selecting a stone. For the Atronach perks they have to be taken after the Necromage perk. The perk increases the effect on you not the enchantment itself so you would only need to reequip an item at most.
Yes, there's a separate mod that undoes the Necromage fix in the USKP.

How are you so wise?

It doesn't seem like a bug/glitch at all to me. That is, if you're a Vampire. Necromage states that it increases spells (enchants are a form of magic, regardless of it not being in the spell form you see for others) against Undead by 25%. And as you are undead, and against means on in this case, it seems entirely logical that it's simply the perk following through with exactly what it states it would.

Dagmar

It doesn't seem like a bug/glitch at all to me. That is, if you're a Vampire. Necromage states that it increases spells (enchants are a form of magic, regardless of it not being in the spell form you see for others) against Undead by 25%. And as you are undead, and against means on in this case, it seems entirely logical that it's simply the perk following through with exactly what it states it would.
The key word is against. Unless you want to reinvent the English language that means spells that have a negative impact on the undead. This is also consistent with the whole point of the Restoration spells that are used to combat the undead while believing otherwise is completely contrary to it. The USKP creators have strict standards for determining what is a bug and what is not and the decision wasn't vetted lightly. It's a bug.

The key word is against. Unless you want to reinvent the English language that means spells that have a negative impact on the undead. This is also consistent with the whole point of the Restoration spells that are used to combat the undead while believing otherwise is completely contrary to it. The USKP creators have strict standards for determining what is a bug and what is not and the decision wasn't vetted lightly. It's a bug.

It appears you're right, my bad. Well, since it's a glitch, I do think they should fix it in an official patch for players such as myself who are on PS3, and those on Xbox as well.

Dagmar

It's not hurting anyone so I'm indifferent to it much like the Fortify Restoration potion exploit. The only glitches that are beneficial that I would want to have fixed are ones that are unavoidable unless you refrain from accessing game content like the Ancient Knowledge power (which they fixed). \o/

A fair amount of players were upset when Bethesda fixed the Oghma Infinium glitch so I think it would upset players if it fixed the Necromage perk.

It's not hurting anyone so I'm indifferent to it much like the Fortify Restoration potion exploit. The only glitches that are beneficial that I would want to have fixed are ones that are unavoidable unless you refrain from accessing game content like the Ancient Knowledge power (which they fixed). \o/

A fair amount of players were upset when Bethesda fixed the Oghma Infinium glitch so I think it would upset players if it fixed the Necromage perk.

The Necromage glitch occurs when you're a Vampire Lord, so I don't see how it can be avoided if you want to still be a Vampire Lord. Also, I have all of the official patches, yet I still have the Ancient Knowledge glitch. Are you referring to an unofficial patch?

Dagmar

The Necromage glitch occurs when you're a Vampire Lord, so I don't see how it can be avoided if you want to still be a Vampire Lord
You can avoid it by not taking the Necromage perk. The sole reason the overwhelming majority of players who have vampire characters take the perk is to use the exploit. It's not as if all of them want to role play an undead champion of life. >^^<
Also, I have all of the official patches, yet I still have the Ancient Knowledge glitch. Are you referring to an unofficial patch?
No. It was fixed with update 1.9. Did you actually test it?

You can avoid it by taking the Necromage perk. The sole reason the overwhelming majority of players who have vampire characters take the perk is to use the exploit. It's not as if all of them want to role play an undead champion of life. >^^<
No. It was fixed with update 1.9. Did you actually test it?

I didn't get Ancient Knowledge until after the patch. I knew about the glitch prior to getting it, so I made a set of a Daedric Armor before and after acquiring it, and the latter was superior.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts