• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I'm curious to see if there are any other Wrimos lurking about! This year will be my fifth, and even though we're still months away from the kick-off, I'm starting to muse about what I'll write this year.

For those not in the know, Nanowrimo is National Novel Writing Month: an event held every November in which participants aim to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. It is not a competition, but a personal challenge; the only prize is the joy and pride of achieving your goal and, of course, the first draft of a novel all your own! It is both incredibly fun and incredibly frustrating, and will teach you a lot about writing, and about yourself. I recommend all writers take the ride at least once!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Never tried this. I don't do so well with deadlines! I'm lucky if I get one page done in a week or less. Hehe. I'm curious to read what you write though!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Nanowrimo teaches you how to work with deadlines! 1,667 words per day really isn't that much, but there are some days where I'll spend hours at my computer trying to wring them out of my head, because I know I have to if I'm going to succeed. As long as you have the self-discipline to stick to it, you'll get used to writing every day, at every available moment, in the strangest of places. (I once brought a notebook to a bar on karaoke night to write in between songs.)

If 50,000 words seems a little too lofty, try for 25,000 words. That's one of the great things about Nanowrimo—since it isn't a competition, you're free to adjust the goals to suit your own needs. All that matters is that you set yourself a challenge and work to complete it!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hm. Maybe I'll settle for just writing 1,000 words. That would be an achievement lately! I did check out the website for it a bit though. Seems interesting.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I did check out the website for it a bit though. Seems interesting.

The website is full of great resources, and the community is an excellent support system. I find it worlds easier to stick to my word goal each day when there are a few hundred thousand other people working towards the same goal.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts