Names You've Given to Pets, Inspired by Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
What Skyrim inspired names have you given to your pets, (or family members?)?

I have two black crowntail bettas that I've named Akatosh and Umbra, (my wife, much to my annoyance, calls them Succotash and Umbrella).

And in a slight deviation from the thread title, we've a bearded dragon named Kahn that I named my Argonian after.

Have you ever noticed that Nord names seem fitting for mastiffs? "Ulfric! Come here Ulfric!" Conversely, it's hard to imagine a Chihuahua named something like Galmar, or Brynjolf.

So what are some of yours? :beermug:

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I want to name my next pet after something from skyrim now...Namira for an all black female guinea pig!

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Ysmir and Shadowmere, both fish. :)

sticky runes

I haven't bought any new pets since getting into skyrim, and I don't intend to have any new pets, at least not for a very long time. i love animals, but they are a big responsibility, and costly, and it's heartbreaking when they pass away, and I've had pets my whole life, so I'm going to enjoy all the time I have left with my current pet and then that's it - no more animals in my household.

However, if I were to name any pets after Skyrim characters, I'd probably use names from the mage college because it's my favourite faction. I could imagine having an entire tank of fish with names like Onmund, Mirabelle, Collette, Arniel, J'Zargo, and I'd probably add a water snail named Tolfdir because I find them strangely lovable and mesmerizing. If I had lots of money, then I probably would take a list of all the college members to an aquarium and pick out fish that I think suit each character. Be nice to have a castle shaped like the college with the broken bridge inside the tank as well. There probably are people that have already done this.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Serana for a female kitteh, but I'll need to wait to get a bigger place to have a kitteh

Reactions: Sah

Wildroses

I did the opposite with my first two characters. My first High Elf I looked at her dark hair, tawny skin and big gold eyes and thought 'She has the same colouring as our cat' and thus began the adventures of Krissy. My second character I decided I had a theme going and named her Jassie after our dog.

These days I give characters lore friendly names. We tend to take on unwanted pets who already have names so I don't think I will ever get the chance to name a cat Vorstag or Alduin. Come to think of it Alduin would be a great name for a black cat.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
I'm hella glad you posted this thread. Even though it's not technically Skyrim, two and a half years ago when I got my bearded dragon, I named him "Skar-Tail" after the Argonian shadowscale in Oblivion "Scar-Tail". I spell my beardie's name with a "k" because it's cooler.

Lucid

I have a betta named Sahqo Ikin. We just call him Ikin.

Reactions: Sah

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts