PC My Weapons do way too much damage

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Baron of Gondor

So I'm doing a mage vampire playtrough right now, and have around 120 active mods on my game. I've been able to keep the game relatively stable for the most part. But randomly now I've noticed my level 31 mage dose more damage with her bound bow, and Iron dagger with only one perk into marksmen and one in eagle eye one in armsmen, than with her very powerful spells. The game tells me that the damage for a wooden sword is 117 and for a orcish mace its 340 and the bows are upwards to 500 and iron arrows are at 87. Two mods I thought were the issue (better vampires, and religion. They have buffs to weapon damage) have been uninstalled. But the damage is the same. I'm not playing on Skyrim Special Edition, and the mods in my load order have never done this before. I've loaded an older save and the damage is normal, but that is 12 hours of gameplay lost. Is this a mod issue or a save game issue?

I do not have any perk overhaul mods, and only 2 combat mods (archery gameplay overhaul, and nock to tip) most of my mods are weapon/armor packs, or re-textures or area redesigns.

You mentioned archery gameplay overhaul. I've had a look at this and there are 9 pages of bugs listed. I haven't read through them all but I'd be wondering about that. I've had many Skyrim bugs over the years (haven't we all?) but the arrow damage I've never seen. It looks really odd. Arrow damage never increases with any smithing skills or perks. They only affect weapon improvements and arrows can't be improved.

I also read a comment about this mod that it totally screwed up the game saves when the user unloaded it.

Might there be a conflict between nock to tip and archery gameplay overhaul? Both of them alter archery significantly. Have you tried playing around with the load order of these mods or disabling them one at a time to see if anything alters?

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas.

Baron of Gondor

I've had those two mods enabled for a long time. I did an entire playthough with them, no major conflicts. But that dose not explain the melee damage being so high. Also I believe I've found the problem, the issue was coming from the mod "Religion - Prayer Meditation Worship" there is a blessing of sanguine that mod added, that made it to where the more gold you had the more damage you did. And it ended up breaking the save file.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts