1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

My two kids are mad at me?

Discussion in 'Hearthfire' started by Jamielol, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

Actually you have no guarantee of that, I was just going by percentages. It may well still be the second adopted boy who brings a pet home, but the chances are small.

I believe being away from your home for a long period of time means that a child will rush up and do something. What they do is randomly selected, and one option is "Can I have this pet please?" If you adopted a girl first, there is a higher chance they will bring a pet home as they've had a longer time period than the second adopted child to potentially bring home a pet.

So basically adopting a girl first heightens your chances of getting that bunny your heart desires, but there is still no guarantee.

2. shadowkitty

shadowkitty Mistress of Shadows

Actually you have no guarantee of that, I was just going by percentages. It may well still be the second adopted boy who brings a pet home, but the chances are small.

I believe being away from your home for a long period of time means that a child will rush up and do something. What they do is randomly selected, and one option is "Can I have this pet please?" If you adopted a girl first, there is a higher chance they will bring a pet home as they've had a longer time period than the second adopted child to potentially bring home a pet.

So basically adopting a girl first heightens your chances of getting that bunny your heart desires, but there is still no guarantee.[/quote]

WOOHOO! Windhelm, here I come!

3. Wolf-Runner-Bosmer

I adopted a girl and then a boy. That fox...I hate that thing, but I can't bring myself to kill it. It follows Rune around the house.

4. tx12001

tx12001 I will not tolerate failure...

the animals that children bring home, I heard somewhere but have never seen it, do children ever com home with a baby frostbite spider?

5. shadowkitty

That would be cool. I kind of like the pet one at the Db sanctuary.

6. tx12001

tx12001 I will not tolerate failure...

2 bad it gets killed

7. Wildroses

A baby frostbite spider is one of the three possibilities a boy could bring home as a pet.

8. shadowkitty

I know. That makes me sad :sadface:

9. seeker23

seeker23 Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...

You are kidding right? A frostbite spider? Inside a home? Aaaahhhhh....:eek: :eek:
    I think I'm gonna faint.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. seeker23

I got Meeko. He is the pet after travelling around Skyrim for eons with me. Now I want to kill Meeko. He is not a nice landscape. Dreary, gray/brown, old and all. I want a husky. < chants, "Husky, husky, husky"> Don't know what's staying my hand. Probably the fact the kids might get a new pet before I bring a husky.
    And I got a fox as well. The fox breathes. It is asthmatic. The fox is alright. It will live for awhile longer.

11. shadowkitty

I got the husky and all it does is bark at the skeever all day and night. It doesn't even leave the house.

12. seeker23

Yeah thats what Meeko does too. But at least the husky is not a pain to the eye. At least it got the looks.
    Like the kids say, "Stupid dog"

13. shadowkitty

Unfortunately dogs do not seem to receive any love in the Hearthfire DLC. Even if they die, the kids are mad at you for a while but then soon forget all about it. I wish Bethesda gave them some nicer dialogue towards their pets. After all they BEGGED you to keep it. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. seeker23

Yeah quite true. I love dogs as well. Don't let appearances deceive. I love animals. They beg for the dog and after it becomes the pet its the "stupid dog". Oh well, it's a cruel world after all. I kill people, animals and undead for living, don't I? :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wildroses

My current character I ended up finding a Stray Dog which became the family pet before I found Meeko. I heard him called Stupid Dog so much by the kids and Lydia I decided that was the name everyone had chosen.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Baneloth

Baneloth Well-Known Member

No kidding. Sam brought one home to my house outside Falkreath.(Can't recall the name). I was like....oh. Joy. I always wanted a big ass spider living in my house. Thanks, Sam. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gregor Moon Fang

Gregor Moon Fang Champion of Azura

That reminds me. I went to work once and my sister ended up on my game while I was away. Then when I got home and got on my kids were telling me that they hated me and I was trying to figure out why so I ask my sister if she knew. She told me that one of the kids brought home a frostbite spider (the normal sized ones not the baby one) and instantly killed it because the things terrify her. So now I'm in a house with a dead spider and two kids who hate me. Joy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Lord Aethok

Lord Aethok Member

I wish I could kill my kids...​
    They no longer amuse me, they have just become selfish little brats.​