• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

koty889

Main Quest line Spoiler at end.
I've been working at this for quite some time, and have spent 300+ hours perfecting this build. But I want some feed back, suggestions on it.

I'm currently doing a practice run as Argo the Argonian, though the character i capture and post on youtube shall be, either, Garfielius, or Mr. Whiskers, a khajiit.

Now, the difficulty shall immediately be set for master and everything will be available to me, nothing shall hold me back. First and foremost, i complete helgen and then retrieve the dragonstone, then i shall do whatever i can to acquire 10,000 gold. I have plans for that, so it won't take incredibly long.

While earning the gold i will constantly use muffle to level my illusion. If i reach my gold goal first, I then power level and jump on houses while using muffle. 100 Illusion will be achieved, with my level being 18, I know for a fact it can be 18 as that's what is on argo, but possibly i can get it at 17. Then i'll join the college and get the master illusion spells, purchasing the ones that are needed with my gold.

From there on, i train no skills, except restoration and light/heavy armor, until i complete, The thieves guild, The dark brotherhood, the civil war, and hopefully, hopefully the main story, If all else fails i might get one kill. Alduin.

So what are your thoughts on this?

DarkEastwood

I think you're really over preparing this. I've done 2 no-kill plathroughs, both did thieves Guild (had to kill Mercer) and 1 did MQ (had to kill Alduin). And neither used illusion once, or power leveled anything. Plus, to make it more fun and exciting, you should use the Hardcore Rules used in most of the forums journals.

Urzek

Sorry my dear sirs, but i don't get it.

Dragon

Level 81 Legendary Frost Dragon
Um NO KILL??? HOW DO YOU NOTY DIE I MEEN CMON SERIOUSLY?????? HOW THE F DO YOU NOT KILL TELL ME oops caapss but how??????????????????????????????

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
My "no kill" was no personal kills. I left it all to summons and illusion to make them fight each other, not crafting needed. I used this build: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

I used Necromancers Amulet, Arch Mage Robes, and Vokun to provide some enchantments. Eventually I got Deadric Boot of Muffle and Daedric Gauntlets of Magicka and a Ring of Magicka. This was on master difficulty and never died except once at level 3 because I had walked to Vokun (who is a dragon priest) right after Helgen.

koty889

I think you're really over preparing this. I've done 2 no-kill plathroughs, both did thieves Guild (had to kill Mercer) and 1 did MQ (had to kill Alduin). And neither used illusion once, or power leveled anything. Plus, to make it more fun and exciting, you should use the Hardcore Rules used in most of the forums journals.

I'm not quite sure how you could complete the theives guild with no kills except for mercer, followers kills count as your kills, Basically, i want my combat screen to be zeros across the board.

Twiffle

i did a ''no kill'' build once, used just illusion and sneak and lots and lots of patience although there are certain things you cannot do like MQ, DB or thieves ending, but just to go around and have some fun it was brill, got it to lvl 28 on master too. my build was a Kajhiit wearing heavy armour in case i got seen before i fired off the calm spell, tried to use invisible as little as possible and thats not easy in dwemer ruins with the falmor but possible. so all this power levelling seems overkill just go out and have some fun and be prepared to run away and start again etc etc

koty889

I'm currently working on ways to complete DB MQ and or thieves ending, now i have an abundance of time on my hand, Illusion is the fastest 100 when using muffle, easily obtainable in less than an hour. I also plan to play my entire game on master. I honestly enjoy playing a no kill as much if not more than a normal play through.

koty889

Oh and on a side note, the final goal of this character is level 100 in every skill.

DarkEastwood

I'm not quite sure how you could complete the theives guild with no kills except for mercer, followers kills count as your kills, Basically, i want my combat screen to be zeros across the board.
Ummm... Yeah without Illusion it's a little difficult, but on my playthrough(s), nobody died. That means no making enemies kill the other. I can imagine if you used Fear and Calm and other Illusion spells, the difficulty of the playthrough would be diminished since whenever you're in trouble, you can just hit them with a spell and you're fine. See an enemy ahead and need to get past him? Eh just cast calm. I highly recommend that you do it without Illusion if you want a truly fun and tough experience. Use the impact noises made by an arrow to get past people. After awhile, you'll get used to the playstyle and will excel at stealth. Also, it's a toss up for some people, but the Hardcore rules really increase the experience. At least turn off the HUD so you can't magically know if you're seen or not.

koty889

I've already started it, You can complete two of the DB missions before you run into a problem, One guy just yields whenever the guards get him to low health so he won't die. So i plan to fus ro dah him off a cliff and the fall should kill him, and not award me with a kill, thats also a way to clear some dungeons.

Twiffle

So, if you started the DB how did you NOT kill Grela ?

koty889

That one is simple. There is a woman by the name constance i believe there, Fury them and let them dual it out.

Twiffle

im unsure, but i think fury counts as a kill in your stats, ill have to check

my pacifist build had no assault kills murders or anything all zero, and it is difficult but fun

if the fury spell works i must admit i didnt realise and must do a pacifist build again,

Twiffle

i stand corrected, fury does not count as a kill, something i did not know, i must try this again as its given me a few more ideas of play style, thanks for that, :)

koty889

Sorry for long reply, but yeah it does not add kills, allowing for some very, very, interesting playthroughs.

Hi I'm doing a no kill playthrough. Currently level 45, completed the mages guild, almost completed the thieves guild (I've heard you can cause Mercer to die by making him trip over rocks), got to the stage of 'listener' on the DB, but there is the one guy at the mill who refuses to die by your own hand. if you fus roh dah him he just 'ragdolls' and doesn't die. also well on my way on dawnguard too (have entered the other dimension for the eldar scroll).

if anyone can help with the guy at the mill, Ennodius Papius, I've tried wabberjack, fusrohdah, marked for death, fury, and am running out of ideas. I think that means the db is out.

also for quests with essential followers (who's kills count as your stats), harmony and dual casted pacify makes it all really easy.

you can also cause a follower to do your dirty work, by leading him into a dungeon, calming him down, telling him to 'part ways', then fury him. he kill everyone and doesn't count on your stats.

Barbas the dog doesn't count for your stats either, but that kinda feels like cheating.

Update,

I've just beaten mercer frey, with zero kill count. You can find a rock in the pool at the bottom, get him to trip over it repeatedly, this will reduce him to a crawl. I then used 'marked for death', which got him down to a single pixel of health. So I tried the wabberjack, low and behold, he died with no kill count! I was probably lucky on the wabberjack attack, but it can be done!

P. S. A lot of people call this the 'pacifist' build, but I prefer the term cowardly trickster.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts