OOC My first roleplay hosting.. Ideas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Which roleplay should I host?

• Post Civil War/Pre Great War II

Votes: 7 100.0%
    • Warband roleplay

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Medieval 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    So I'm taking the leap and deciding to start my own roleplay. Pretty ambious in my mind, but people have been nudging me along to do it and I figured, "why the hell not? What have a got to lose?"

Ideas I've been toying around with:

"Alea Iacta Est"
    Post Civil War in which the Imperials win. description:
    The civil war was won. But only by the edge of a blade did the Imperials secure victory. But the time for celebration is cut short. The Dominion looks on anxiously at this victory, scheming and planning for a way to take Tamriel, to grasp it in the palm of their hand. Alea iacta est. The die is cast. With Skyrim's population dwindled, it's economy in dire straights due to war and banditry, what is a leader to do to find the numbers? To find the men? The good must unite against all odds. To forge warriors, to create inspiration... to rally the hope that has dwindled into a dull flame. Laws will be made, actions will be taken at great costs, lives will be forever changed. But it is the hope for a brighter future for Tamriel and it's people. It will take a lot of faith, to keep it together. (there will be side story arcs)

A Mount and Blade Warband roleplay: nothing solid, but it can be from mods as well.

A Medieval 2 roleplay: A scene where after a fierce battle, A general that is well respected is felled, and seemingly left for dead. He lives and returns to his Kingdom. At this time, the Kingdom is in disarray, full of tyranny and corruption. The Generals of the kingdom unite and overcoming obstacles along the way (side story arcs) and take back the kingdom through a revolution. But it is not over for the Mongols have come. And they intend to take over the Middle East. But who's to say they will stop there? The thirst of a warmonger is strong. They will certainly stare at the whole of Europe with unmatched lust for conquest.
    (faction will be chosen by players)

----------------------

Those are just a few. Lemme know which one I should do And I'll set one up. Poll will close in 3 days.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I've voted the Civil War one, because I feel like there isn't a lot of information about how the M&B one would be done and I feel like the Medieval 2 one would start out well and then just sort of turn out in a mess, like kingdom-esque RPs have done before. There're a good selection of RP ideas for your first one though, I'd certainly join in!

Dabiene Caristiana

I was thinking the same thing. Warband one I just threw out there because I knew there were some people on here that played it. That and it's fun and it's a sandbox. Which makes for interesting roleplay. But since there isn't an idea...

Medieval 2 would probably turn into a mess indeed. Without a solid vision or detail/direction it would go, it could turn chaotic. And then be abandoned. Which isn't something I want. But still, it's an interesting idea.

As for the Civil War I always toyed with the idea of low human populations against powerful Altmer Battle mages from the Dominion. How would they overcome that? What laws would be in place to replenish numbers and troops? Chaos and anarchy would probably happen for the greater good.

STEVKAN

The almighty lord STEVKAN
    The civil war (you should totally have an unlikely alliance between the stormcloak remnants and the hammerfell mercenarys)

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
    Civil war!!

Also, I want to be in! Could be an oppertunity to try the buddy system :3 If you want me as your pupil :)

EpicVakarian

Well, it looks like, for a Civil War RP, you'd already have three confirmed members straight away, at least.

hershangames

CIVIL WARRRRRR!!!!! AND I'M GAME!! ARR

Err...sorry about that... Still, I'm game for civil war. I'm going to join in any way but, are you planning on making it Empire vs Dominion or Nords(the renmants) vs Dominion?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dabiene Caristiana

It's pretty much going to be World War style. Hammerfell joining in (not much since the last conflict they had a lot of disaster happen), High Rock MAYBE, Skyrim, Imperials... Pretty much it. I doubt the Dunmer or Argonians would get involved. Bosmeri would be pulled in by the Dominion to help their 'cousins'.

STEVKAN

The almighty lord STEVKAN
    the stormcloak remnants should allie with the alikir and assasnate tulius to kick it all off

EpicVakarian

Side note; would the Civil War one be us playing individual soldiers, or us playing individual generals commanding the armies?

hershangames

Side note: in the civil war could I roleplay a member of the Dominion instead of the humans?

And could I for example be some kind of agent, or at least someone higher than a soldier?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dabiene Caristiana

This is getting out of hand. This is thread just ASKING what idea sounds like a good idea. This isn't the thread about the RP itself. I'm also going to be a bit picky on who I choose. I don't want this RP to die.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts