• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
My current character is an archer with a sideline in Destruction/Smithing/Enchanting. Basically lawful good, but now at level 46 and finding the average bandit quest a bit...well...easy...

Suggestions to spice up her life? Haven't picked a side yet (although leaning to Empire) and main quest is at the stage where Alduin's Wall has been found. Companions line at point of commitment to the lycanthropy....

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
What difficulty level are you playing on? If you up that, you may not be as bored.

Also, I changed my character from light armor to heavy armor. and from sword to battle axe. Make life interesting with no perks or level points.

Reactions: Sah
I've found that putting restrictions on your character and role play immersion can actually enhance the game. Unless of course you wish to play in godlike mode. Chracters can quite easily be made to be rather invincible based on perks you choose. Try making things a little tougher on you like not making your bow or spells able to stun. Limit yourself in what and how much you can carry. Don't Smith to 100 or don't enchant anything or limit what you can enchant and what types of enchantments you can use. Become a jeweler and only Smith jewellery. Take a vow to kill all the foresworn. Just some thoughts. Good luck!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Collect all the Dragon Priest masks, including the three that are on Solstheim, (if you have the Dragonborn DLC). Increase difficulty to master or legendary. Personally, I find master to be the best balance of difficulty and realism. If you're still playing on adept at level 46, the game will be too easy.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I'm at level 51, playing adept, and I enjoy the God mode as it makes clearing caves quite stress free. However I am not by any means invincible. Sure I can one shot a giant with my crossbow, but a random encounter with a bunch of vampires out for blood and I'm losing health like crazy, spamming potions and generally missing 90% of my shots at close range. So yeah, not bored yet. I'm also wearing a mix of light and heavy armor which helps me level up both types but diminishes the overall effectiveness. I'm looking to level up to 81 so I can fight the ebony warrior and I don't want to eternally drag the game out with handicaps. I think I've got the best of both worlds actually: a character who feels like a god with the bow, but can get his pride checked pretty easily when bum rushed by vampires....hey sounds like role playing to me.

sticky runes

you've got the bound bow conjuration spell, right? tons of fun to be had with that baby.

Otherwise, it might be time to sign off this character. I rarely play characters up to their 50s now because I have all their immediate quests decided before I create them and once I've achieved their goals, it's normally time to move on to another.

Bipolar Nord

Just another fanatical gamer
Currently, I'm a level 37 archer (straight up archer, no spells) that uses an upgraded Nordic Bow (no enchantment) and my skills in alchemy, archery, and smithing are topped out. Sure I could craft a dragon bone or Daedra bow and upgrade it ridiculously using alchemy potions and enchantments but I haven't and the reason is really simple, I don't want to be overpowered. Being overpowered makes the game boring, at least for me it does, yes, I'll admit that it is fun taking down a high health idiot in a couple of shots, but after the thrill is gone, you realize that the game isn't challenging any more. I like to keep it fresh, I put restrictions on my character and rise to a challenge in other ways. I want the game to be challenging no matter my level and how many skills I've mastered. I want to be screaming at the top of my lungs at the TV (my neighbors think I'm crazy), because a boss is giving me a hard time. Keep it fresh and you'll be rewarded with many hours of entertainment.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I have one true archer, and two conjurors, but have never used bound bow, (or any bound weapon for that matter). Are they really that great? My conjurors craft and use destruction, and my archer uses no magic.

Bipolar Nord

I have one true archer, and two conjurors, but have never used bound bow, (or any bound weapon for that matter). Are they really that great? My conjurors craft and use destruction, and my archer uses no magic.

A while back, I played a Breton archer that used a bound bow only as far as archery gear is concerned. It is a ethereal Daedric Bow, of course you can't upgrade it but it is a pretty strong bow when you take the perk "Mystic Binding" and you can apply poison to it.

sticky runes

If you're fussy about remaining undetected, then I would not recommend Bound Bow unless you've got the ability to mask your spell noises because the conjuration sound can alert enemies to your presence. And I still need to carry a regular bow for horseback combat because no spells can be used while on a horse.

The bound bow does benefit from all your archery perks, just as other bound weapons will benefit from your 1 handed or 2 handed combat perks.

Basically, it's a very pretty spell/weapon that is moderately useful as well.
If you've only been playing as a pure mage for a long time and not invested in any archery perks, then bound bow will be pretty useless.

and as bound bow is a one handed spell, you can duel wield it with another spell or 1 handed weapon, which makes it unique from regular bows, but not entirely convenient because you still need a few seconds to cast the conjuration spell.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I keep getting a lot of killing animations with the bound bow - a lot more than with any other weapon or spell, and I don't know why this is, but it's the main reason I've been having fun with it.

Pete

Up the difficulty. Return to basic weapons like the bandits use. Sell all your bonus items. My god like characters then become quite humble and I learn that ducking and running are useful, and that shouts are awesome again!

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales

A while back, I played a Breton archer that used a bound bow only as far as archery gear is concerned. It is a ethereal Daedric Bow, of course you can't upgrade it but it is a pretty strong bow when you take the perk "Mystic Binding" and you can apply poison to it.

I've never actually used any bound weapons... I may have to try out the bound bow...

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

I've never actually used any bound weapons... I may have to try out the bound bow...

Never worry about arrows again...

sticky runes

I recently took my bound bow on a hunting trip to top up my petty soul gems. The binding perks are also handy for insta-killing enemy's summoned atronachs. If you want to play a mage who snipes against enemy mages, this is a good way to go!

Bipolar Nord

Generally speaking, the draw speed of a bow (Nock, draw, release arrow) is determined by the weight of the bow. Without any perks taken in the skill tree, the hunting bow weighing 7 lbs will draw faster than lets say a Daedric Bow weighing 18 lbs. Of course, the Daedric Bow will have more base damage than the Hunting bow, but I'm just comparing the speed of the bows. The Bound Bow is weightless, so it is one of the fastest bows in the game. The more arrows you sling, the better chance of a critical hit, which result in a lot more damage when the right perks are chosen.

Think I'll leave all my pretty bows behind and head out with just the spell! May even leave off my custom made dragonscale and just rock the arch-mage robes too [emoji1]

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Thanks to this thread and it's participants, I started a conjurer/destruction build who will use exclusively bound weapons. Once I get the spells, that is. This will also be my first experience with serious necromancy, (never used anything above Revenant...) :beermug:

Latest posts