• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tusck

I really don't know if Skyrim will have a multiplayer aspect, but I guess I would ask the community, would you use it if available? Personally I would love to see multiplayer like in NWN. I loved playing on servers with a good community, some pvp, and the real time events that most devs would put on. It believe, if done well, it takes the game to a whole new level.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I don't think multiplayer would work with TES games at all. It's solely designed for singleplayer. I don't want the devs to force multiplayer into the game. Some games are better multiplayer, some games are just better singleplayer experience

Steve House

I don't think multiplayer would work with TES games at all. It's solely designed for singleplayer. I don't want the devs to force multiplayer into the game. Some games are better multiplayer, some games are just better singleplayer experience

100% agreed!! TES games wouldn't work with multiplayer in my opinion. I like adventuring the world by myself...that being said...I'm not sure I'll be using any companions while I play Skyrim either...unless I have to for a certain quest but other then that...they can stay home and out of my way lol.

Tusck

Imo, all RPG's are better when playing with others. Even without pvp, just being able to quest with others is a great experience.

Also, I think you all need to think about this past just an official multiplayer. I'm also talking about persistent servers, where you playing in a completely different world then in the SP game.

What if orbitals your mods off and players have to ask other players befor th kill you and before that I just want coop not like RDR I want it to be more portal 2 I don't know y I said RDR sorry :confused:

Steve House

Imo, all RPG's are better when playing with others. Even without pvp, just being able to quest with others is a great experience.

Also, I think you all need to think about this past just an official multiplayer. I'm also talking about persistent servers, where you playing in a completely different world then in the SP game.

So your basically asking for a MMORPG of Elder Scrolls? If thats what you mean...I honestly think it would ruin the whole experience of the series...afterall...the storylines in each game are based on a SINGLE character being the "Saviour" to Tamriel. Morrowind had the Nerevarene (Spelling?) , oblivion was the champion of cyrodiil and now skyrim is having Dragonborn (meaning you are the last Dragonborn to save Skyrim from it's civil war)...I dont know...I just think that having more then one human player playing in the same world as another within the storylines of the ES games would just ruin the whole experience of the game/story. That's my opinion tho lol...I just cant imagine Elder Scrolls turning into World of Warcraft...kinda makes my stomach turn lol. On a side note...I'm thinking that Skyrim is going to end with you being the King...and if so...how would that play out while having another player playing along side you? I wouldnt feel like I accomplished becoming "King" if I had another person(whether sitting next to me or in China) playing along with me..lol...idk..i'm gonna shut up now lmao....

Tusck

The only thing I was asking is, would you play it if it was available. I loved NWN online, as I know others did. Others obviously didn't. I agree that a multiplayer version of the single player game wouldn't make sense, but most of the time, that is not what multiplayer was all about. Usually it was a completely different storyline and world.

For example, one really fun NWN persistent world was based on The Wheel of Time.

Anyway, that's all I was wondering.

Steve House

Well if they did make a completely new story to go with multiplayer...then yea definately I'd play it :) ...hope i didnt sound to harsh in my last post lol...if so ...sorry :/

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
So your basically asking for a MMORPG of Elder Scrolls? If thats what you mean...I honestly think it would ruin the whole experience of the series...afterall...the storylines in each game are based on a SINGLE character being the "Saviour" to Tamriel. Morrowind had the Nerevarene (Spelling?) , oblivion was the champion of cyrodiil and now skyrim is having Dragonborn (meaning you are the last Dragonborn to save Skyrim from it's civil war)...I dont know...I just think that having more then one human player playing in the same world as another within the storylines of the ES games would just ruin the whole experience of the game/story. That's my opinion tho lol...I just cant imagine Elder Scrolls turning into World of Warcraft...kinda makes my stomach turn lol. On a side note...I'm thinking that Skyrim is going to end with you being the King...and if so...how would that play out while having another player playing along side you? I wouldnt feel like I accomplished becoming "King" if I had another person(whether sitting next to me or in China) playing along with me..lol...idk..i'm gonna shut up now lmao....
AHAHAHA the story of warcraft got DESTROYED thanks to World of Warcraft IMO. And they will never bring back classic RTS game for Warcraft franchise. TES MMO might sound cool superficially but I can't imagine how it would work out.

Tusck

I doubt an actual MMO based on TES would work, for one the fantasy genre has been way overdone in mmos. I'm not sure there would be anything here to make it unique. Second, I doubt Bethesda would or could put the time/money needed to compete in a real sense.

Steve House

AHAHAHA the story of warcraft got DESTROYED thanks to World of Warcraft IMO. And they will never bring back classic RTS game for Warcraft franchise. TES MMO might sound cool superficially but I can't imagine how it would work out.

Yeah WoW sucks IMO lol

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Eh, dragonborns are supposed to be special so having a horde of other guys (or gals) running around, all shouting FUS ROH DAH seems stupid. Maybe it could be done but I don’t see how and I wouldn’t really want to see it either. Not every game has to have this mechanic shoved down its throat.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I doubt an actual MMO based on TES would work, for one the fantasy genre has been way overdone in mmos. I'm not sure there would be anything here to make it unique. Second, I doubt Bethesda would or could put the time/money needed to compete in a real sense.
That's so true. There's too many fantasy MMO to compete with. If TES were to have multiplayer, it's definitely not going to be an MMO. Maybe you could have a co-op on the console? You load up two different save-files for characters and play on one of the save-file? Consoles are generally good for local multiplayer so I guess that could kind of work but I don't think it will be as enjoyable as one might think.

Steve House

Yeah I honestly wouldnt like it even if it was console multiplayer ...Skyrim is MY world dammit!!! I dont want to share with anyone else!!!! ROFLMAO ..ahahaha :p

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's like in every Elder Scroll game. You make yourself into some form of God by exploiting the hell out of the game. Use area-of-effect Frenzy to turn the town to madness. Get 100% chameleon and everyone will never know what hit them. Stuff like that >:] Multiplayer wouldn't let you do those things, since we gotta share it

Tusck

Eh, dragonborns are supposed to be special so having a horde of other guys (or gals) running around, all shouting FUS ROH DAH seems stupid. Maybe it could be done but I don’t see how and I wouldn’t really want to see it either. Not every game has to have this mechanic shoved down its throat.

Sounds a lot like Rift, which was boring as hell at 50. The rifts and hordes that roam from them where unique but now it has been done.

@Hex, yep you make a good point. There can be only one!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts