Multi-Classing; Open Disussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I couldn't find any discussions on the topic of blending typical classes and eschewing stereotypes in character skill development. Looking to learn which combinations have worked well for others and which ones clash.

At the moment I'm working on a stealth mage, Conj., Dest., Alter., Illus., Sneak, Pickpocket and Speech, at level 18. So far the combination of sneaking and conjuring has worked out, though my atronachs aren't as intelligent as I'd like, usually kiting my enemies towards me. Once my Illusion is high enough I should have fewer problems in combat, calming aggressors and enfuriating stronger opponents to dispatch those around them while I stay hidden. I'm excited to develop the stealth-mage class.

Any thoughts or experiences?

My main character is a currently level 54 Nightblade or stealth mage. Her skills are in one handed, light armor, archery, alchemy, sneak, one in two handed for the bound battleaxe Conjuration spell, destruction, illusion, conjuration, restoration - basically in all the schools of magic (highest is currently in alteration, destruction, illusion and Conjuration as far as magic goes). She has a fairly low level in Smithing, Enchanting and Speech, although I'm working on getting the latter two to a higher level. She's a Bosmer. So far she kicks ass. I would recommend however either getting fairly proficient in Conjuration/sneak or taking a follower with you to draw attacks away from you, so you can focus on casting spells in peace. An essential follower would be ideal for this - Mjoll the Lioness in Riften or Cicero of the Dark Brotherhood work well. Atronachs work well too though I would suggest investing in perks that reduce Conjuration spell cost, in order to be able to bring them up at a moments notice. In the meantime use a follower. If you don't have or want access to an essential one, you can also buff them with spells from the Illusion school which also helps it level faster, such as Courage or Rally. Keeping them healed with Restoration spells like Healing Hands or Heal Other works well and ups your Restoration level fast as well. Also be sure to invest in the Quiet Casting perk, it's essential to a build like this. Other than that, sneaky mages are great fun to play. Have fun with it above all. Hope this helps a bit. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nighthiker77

As soon as you hit 65 conjuration for Dremora Lords or the soul cairn for wrath men, with silent casting, it will be a whole new world for a stealth mage.

I like bound bow better than destruction because that puts most of your magica consumption in a single school that is magica efficient. It also goes a lot better with stealth. Since you are multi-classing already, no big deal perking a warrior skill. Just pick one or the other to perk and leave the other alone.

One of the biggest draws of archery for me is that it doesn't require any stat points. And mystic bound weapons can give you good damage without smithing. I like smithing though so I usually do it anyway.

Latest posts