• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tusck

Would you like to see more mounts in Skyrim than just a horse? Also, do you think the character should have a skill to be able to ride other types of mounts? For example maybe a certain spell, or charm animal skill, or a high personality perk.

As an Argonian, I would love to ride a bear or a direboar. That would keep with a certain anti-civilization theme of a lizard folk and be more interesting then a horse. I guess you would have to have a leather worker make a special harness or make one yourself with a high enough skill level.

Thoughts?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Ahahaha that would be cool but I'm not a big fan of mounts, especially in TES. The entire horse riding mechanic is gimmicky and it's not even well-refined either. You can't fight while you're on a horse like they did in medieval times and it's just painful to having to get off the horse just to kill some mudcrabs. Also, TES isn't much of a game for horse-riding, even if mounting combat was well-done. I don't know why but that's just how I feel about it. It's like putting motorcycles in Fallout but you can't shoot while you're driving. Sounds cool but it takes away something from Fallout too. I think they implemented mounts so horribly that it should be removed but if they remove it, people will complain so now we're stuck with a bad feature that can't be cured. :[

Tusck

As a bow user I completely agree with that. If I have a small bow, why can't I shoot from it? Makes no sense. The mechanic in Oblivion was not well done, but I watched a video that had horse riding and it looked very smooth.

Also, I want the fear factor of a lizard riding a bear into battle. Who wouldn't run from that?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Other mounts? Sure. Mounts in general? Sure. It’s a nice, more immersive alternative to quick travel. But I agree with you on the mounted combat. Since this was done before and shouldn’t be too hard I don’t see why Bethesda left it out. Too little time? Future DLC? In case of the latter, fluff them. Also, fluff them for apparently not including FPS riding.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Too bad Argonians can’t have beards ;>

Tusck

Have you ever seen an Argonian after a hard night drinking... I think you'd be surprised. I'll just throw a bit of moss on my chin and call it good.

At this point, I'm not sure which would be better a bear or giant mubcrab.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Given how cool mudcrabs look this time that actually is a though decision.

Tusck

I really don't think these type of speculations are that far off, considering in Morrowind, one mode of travel was riding on the striders, or whatever those insect things where. I don't remember their names. If those things can be domesticated, there is no reason you couldn't do the same with a creature less foreign than that.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
This one looks pretty :p

CNVGF-91.JPG

Travis

I wonder what other animals could be available. I mean, I am trying to think of animals I saw in Oblivion that would make for good mounts. I would love to ride one of those giant mammoths from the trailer ;D

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I wonder what other animals could be available. I mean, I am trying to think of animals I saw in Oblivion that would make for good mounts. I would love to ride one of those giant mammoths from the trailer ;D
And there i was... riding my war mammoth into battle when OMFG THERE'S A DRAGON! And thats when things went black.

Travis

And there i was... riding my war mammoth into battle when OMFG THERE'S A DRAGON! And thats when things went black.
LOL. Awesome. That's what I'm talking about. Epic. My mammoth is just goring the dragon while I shoot spells from atop it's back! Man... we need a game where you can do that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts