Mounted combat coming in update v1.6

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Mounted combat, I can't even use a horse haha, I never ride the horses in skyrim, I prefer jogging with my giant axe in my hand.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The concept is similar to Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood with the Melee Weapons & attacking on horse back.

AryoAsh

Now that's gonna make riding my horse 10 better. Now only if they would add the option to leave our horse at the stables if we fast travel. It be almost perfect.

Gonzocyn

Orc Warrior-Dragon Slayer
It would be nice too if they would make it so that you can use your horse to store items so that you aren't over encumbered.

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
I miss the view when riding your horse where you could choose to only look down the neck of it like you're really sitting on a horse. I hate the 3rd person view while riding. Would really like the option to use first person again like in Oblivion. :)

xcheeseguyx

I would have preferred first person horse riding but mounted combat is a nice addition! It would be cool to have mounted combat IN first person!

SaveVsBedWet

I actually have two questions about this for anyone who has tried it (it sounds like people are saying they have played a beta of it already?)

1. Does this mean also that new collision physics have been added for the horses? As in an we ride down and trample opponents or otherwise knock them out of the way if we charge them on a mounted horse?

2. What happens to the flag that causes the horse to start attacking once an enemy is close enough? Is that turned off for a horse with rider or will the horse rear and flail with players on it, potentially making things much cooler and adding that attack but in return turning the aiming of a melee weapon or worse, a bow or spell, into comedy gold?

Other than that, awesome. Depending on the collision physics question, this kills three birds with one stone. Not having to dismount and then arm to fight, not having the horse and its attacks in the way of ones own attacks, and not having to figure out where the horse has gone when the fighting is over.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I actually have two questions about this for anyone who has tried it (it sounds like people are saying they have played a beta of it already?)

1. Does this mean also that new collision physics have been added for the horses? As in an we ride down and trample opponents or otherwise knock them out of the way if we charge them on a mounted horse?

2. What happens to the flag that causes the horse to start attacking once an enemy is close enough? Is that turned off for a horse with rider or will the horse rear and flail with players on it, potentially making things much cooler and adding that attack but in return turning the aiming of a melee weapon or worse, a bow or spell, into comedy gold?

Other than that, awesome. Depending on the collision physics question, this kills three birds with one stone. Not having to dismount and then arm to fight, not having the horse and its attacks in the way of ones own attacks, and not having to figure out where the horse has gone when the fighting is over.
1. I have not seen any new collision physics while playing

2. Have you ever rode a horse before this update? It's the same thing, as long as you are riding, the horse won't attack anyone

SaveVsBedWet

1. I have not seen any new collision physics while playing

2. Have you ever rode a horse before this update? It's the same thing, as long as you are riding, the horse won't attack anyone

I dismount the second an enemy moves within my line of sight. If I am surprised I ride the horse so far away that whatever flag gets activated for attacking while free is turned off, lest the horse get trashed by my own attacks or hinder them in any way. Then I run back and fight. So what a horse historically has done while mounted within melee range of an enemy is more or less a mystery to me. They're dismounted before I can get a pen out to take notes.

With what you've said on it though, I'm really looking forward to the addition.

Deimos

The Vokun Ronaan of Dinok
Isnt the update on the 24th for the ps3 and xbox??

RoG Delta

Xbox has had this update for a while. I've been slashing trolls from shadowmere's back for at least two weeks.

Also, how exactly is blood on the ice glitched? I had some trouble with it, but it was because I didn't find the right stuff or something.

Mounted combat works fine for me

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts