Mount&Blade Warband, does this exist?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hershangames

I post this in this forum because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Is there a mod that gives more options to your prisoners? Like for example, say you have a king, I would love to exchange him for a peace treaty, but alas I can't. Or simply have the possibility of executing or freeing prisoners. And being able to ask them to join you or die.

I would love a mod like this, because I have a prison full of enemy counts and Boyars(I even have a king locked up in there), but the only thing I can do is sell them back for an insulting low amount of gold.

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I know you can recruit certain prisoners in the base game. I think the options are only limited for the Lords and Kings.

I made a Slaver. So I made note of the interactions with prisoners. I remember there was an associated skill you leveled that let you take more prisoners and maybe gave you more options.

hershangames

I'll look more into that prisoner skill then. Thnks a lot.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

hershangames

Well yeah, the prisoner skill basically let's you take more prisoners but the interaction is the same. I saw that the mod Diplomacy allows you to exchange prisoners though, so that's a start, but it's still not enough.

I may mod it myself at this rate.

P.D:thanks Noxios, I might ask her

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I have like 20 mods on the game and I haven't seen anything regarding trading prisoners of war or some such.

There is a mod, Prophesy of Pendor that has a unique instance where you release prisoners of a certain faction, and it helps boost your relations. You would talk to an individual prisoner, have them promise not to take up arms again for the sake of their life, and they are on their merry way with +1 relation to that faction.

But I don't recall seeing a mod or gameplay of exchanging prisoners or bribery (aside from a pop up asking that you hand over a prisoner general/lord in exchange for a sum of gold obviously). If that's what you're asking of course.

Aside from that, diplomacy has the most, in MY opinion, realistic settings on it. If you're interested in even more hardcore gameplay or realistic game play, the Floris mod can help with that. Though for me, Diplomacy is enough for me.

I'm also working on modding the game, but so far I can only mess around with banners and retexturing them and such. It's pretty fun, if you are the artistic sort. Have to download a few things though to do so, which is a bit annoying..

EDIT: By the way what is P.D? I don't think I've heard/read that online before. Unless you mean public domain then... yeah.

hershangames

It's post data. You know, what you write at the end of a text as something you add but doesn't really have much importance. It's the equivalent to "Oh, by the way".

I wrote P.D because that's how we write it in Spain, maybe in other countries it's different.

And getting back to the topic, I will check Floris mod and Prophecy of Fendor so thanks for that. But in the end I think I'll just learn how to mod Warband.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Ah, we write PS: at the end of something over here. Good to know that though. :)

I think I read somewhere that in order to mod Warband you need the original editor from Mount & Blade (original game). I don't know why but I think it has something to do with Warband based on the original coding and script from said game (I mean, obviously :rolleyes: ) and so they just didn't add an editor exclusively for Warband.

Soooo I honestly have no idea in regards to mod making. As in, making campaign maps, map scripts, etc. Whereas with making new weapons and armor I don't think you need that. You can get by without it.

..... aaaand I found a link that talks about it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=112162.0

There are other topics I'm sure that talk about it. That guy just CAN'T be the only one that talked/asked about it.

Hope I helped in some shape or form, if not then... at least I tried. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts