Xbox 360 Moth Priest quest won't continue...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tryn

Premium Member
So I rescued the moth priest, Dexion Evicus and he agrees to meet me at Dawnguard Castle. When I arrive he's in a battle with Serana and Isran until they beat him into submission. At that point I healed him and although he remained hostile I was able to get him to talk long enough to read the existing scroll and to tell me I need two more. He then goes hostile again and Serana and Isran beat him into submission again. Any further attempts to communicate simply gets a message, "This person is busy" and the quest line hasn't progressed beyond "Talk with Dexion Evicus".

Tryn

Premium Member
Apparently others have run into this bug and although you can use various techniques to get Dexion to talk to you the only way to get the quest to go forward is to reload and save Dexion all over again. This is the way the quest is SUPPOSED to go down:
1. Kill his captures
2. Dispell the shield
3. Subdue Dexion
4. Talk to him (before he travels to Dawnguard Castle)
5. Go to Dawnguard Castle and talk to Isran
6. Talk to Dexion
If you get to the castle and Dexion is hostile, you've done something wrong. Rewind and try again.

As luck would have it I intentionally like to work on different quests rather than beat the main one to death (drag out the suspense as it were). So, after sending Dexion off to the castle I went off to do something else, then something else.... Ultimately, I ended up retreating TWO WEEKS to get this quest back on track! Ugh! Had to do it though or that'd have been the end of Dawnguard's main quest.

JClarke1953

Yeh, what Tryn said. There is much more to say with that Moth Priest after he is subdued when he is freed. I fired at him until he yeilded, we talked, then he said he'd meet at the Dawnguard Castle. When he finished with the scroll Serana has, it led off to another quest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts