• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BigBeech

Alright fellas, I thought it would be good to talk about which shouts you use the most and why! Right now I use the ice one and it is awesome. Freezes enemies for a solid 5 sec which gives me plenty of time to heal. I can line up whoever is attacking me and freeze them all which gives me at least 3 free hits on one of them. Also, it makes fighting giants and other tough bosses/creatures much easier as it gives you some breathing room. I also use the whirlwind shout for traveling! What do you guys use?

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
Marked for Death and Ice Form (same as you) are my most frequent Shouts. Marked for Death makes for some pretty squishy dragons, and Ice Form, well that's just self explanatory.

Migaluch

I've found that Become Ethereal is AWESOME for many reasons. First of all, its great for fighting dragons, especially when they fly around annoyingly and breath fire/ice on you from above, so just use it to negate that damage. Also, the shout says you cannot hurt anyone while ethereal, BUT YOU CAN. Basically, attacking or doing anything will just end the invincibility, meaning that you can use the shout and aim up a good power attack without being hurt.

Outside of combat it is still great. It works wonders when climbing through mountains as you can just jump of cliffs and such, which is also really fun.
One of the best parts of it is that, when ethereal, for some reason you don't exhaust stamina while running, meaning as long as the shout lasts you can run for an extended time, which seems to be more effective then whirlwind sprint. Its important to note that sprinting while ethereal still halts stamina regeneration, but does not exhaust it, like normal sprinting does.

Try it out and get back to me with how great it is!

I also love the full Unrelenting Force and Fire Breath shouts, both are really powerful in combat. KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Starr

I also personally like the Freeze shout, freezes multiple enemies and kill them 1 by 1 if needed.
The one shout I really started liking, and i forget its name, but you shout and it reveals the locations of all enemies in a dungeon/outside for a short time. Very cool when you are enjoying sneak killing everything or seeing where they are in the dark.

Mindfux

the one that pulls dragons out of the sky..playing on master without this is extremely difficult..i tend to use the one that lets you detect enemies as well, because i sneak through dungeons

BigBeech

I just learned the become ethereal one but don't have a soul for it (facepalm) Just a quick question, how do you get upgraded shouts. I know after visiting the grey beards i got the second lvl force shout. How do i get the third level for that and the second level fire breath?? Thanks

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I just learned the become ethereal one but don't have a soul for it (facepalm) Just a quick question, how do you get upgraded shouts. I know after visiting the grey beards i got the second lvl force shout. How do i get the third level for that and the second level fire breath?? Thanks

3rd Level of Unrelenting Force is also given by the Greybeards and the 2nd from of Fire Breath is given by the Greybeards Leader.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Most of the shouts you have to find the corresponding word wall within the world to unlock the second or third word. These walls are typically accompanied by a dragon or some other powerful enemy. Explore the world, ask Arngeir in High Hrothgar, or perform shouts in cities to find the walls.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Firebreath. Nothing like holding down a doorway with my shield and sword then backing up, setting everything on fire followed by a massive forward swing. You do a surprising amount of extra damage when they are on fire.

Buzzfire

Marked for Death and Ice Form (same as you) are my most frequent Shouts. Marked for Death makes for some pretty squishy dragons, and Ice Form, well that's just self explanatory.
When do you get the freeze shout? I have two working shouts so far and I have 5 shouts so far but the other 3 do not work yet.

Logan

I'm going to have to go with Dragon Call or Storm Call. It's just so thrilling to have a dragon come and help you whenever you want.

zeva

Meanwhile in Skyrim...
Really depends on the environment, but most frequently I like to use Unrelenting Force. I've sent baddies flying from some pretty high peaks, and I've reloaded the game just to do it again. Good visuals/good laughs.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
At the moment I am using 2 Elven Dagger (unenchanted) and while battling I will use the Elemental Fury shout which is INSANE!!! but you can't use that shout if your weapons are enchanted which kinda sucks...so at the moment I will be using elemental fury and once I find a enchantment good enough I will move on to Unrelenting Forse or Fire Breath.

I also find Kayne's Peace very usefull if you don't won't to fight a Saber tooth or Mammoth!

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
When do you get the freeze shout? I have two working shouts so far and I have 5 shouts so far but the other 3 do not work yet.

Dude go find some dragons to kill and after you have absorbed their souls go to the Shout inventory and spend the souls on the shouts then you will be able to use them!

Ares

Honestly for me, it all depends on the situation. Dungeon, Aura Whisper...mountainous region, Unrelenting Force to send them flying off cliffs...Bears, Kyne's Peace (I hate bears)...Become Ethereal when I'm getting my ass kicked. So, yeah depends on the context. However, if there was one I use the most it's probably Unrelenting Force. It's good for offense and defense for those time when you just need to run away from multiple bad guys. Just knock them all down and gtfo.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Unrelenting Force seems to be all you need really.

Most fights for me go:

- Run in with charged sprinting power attack (that normally kills or staggers one enemy enough to finish them off).

- Once your in the middle of the crowd begin slashing away until you feel like the enemies are a threat or you're running out of room.

- At that point FUS ROH DA to create room and finish off remaining critters.

Seems to work every time.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Unrelenting Force seems to be all you need really.

Not really! Maybe for a warrior or something like that yes...but Elemental Fury is very useful for Dual handed swordsmen or Assassins with dual handed daggers, because your attack speed becomes insanely fast. It last for about 10-15 seconds and in those few seconds I can kill 4 - 5 enemies! So I use that shout the most!

You should see the forsworn beg for mercy once I use that shout!!

NoVa

Bossmer
Playing on master difficulty, the only time I remember I even have a shout is when I use Dragonrend to give those flying lizards a taste of my daedric dual wield.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts