1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

most fun off the beaten path missions

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Adam nordic battle mage, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Adam nordic battle mage New Member

Message Count:
    iv played the game now for far too long a time then i
    should, cos i cant be arsed to start a new charecter i was
    wondering where the best completly hidden off the beaten path mission.
  2. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    Moved from Introductions to General Discussion.
  3. Slow Rider Member

Message Count:
    I rather enjoyed "House of Horrors," though I hesitate to say it's hidden or off the beaten path. It's definitely what I would call ancillary. But it was very creepy and very un-Skyrim.
  4. Windress Active Member

Message Count:
    I guess its a bit tough to determine what an "off the beaten path" mission would be. Sometimes when I'm traveling, I get distracted by groups of bandits/trolls/dragons, etc etc. But as far as missions go, ususally my random one are the "miscellaneous" missions.

Of those, my favorite so far has probably been the Mysterious Haunting rumors in Shroud Hearth Barrow. You get the quest from the Inn Keeper in Iverstead, and then go down into the tombs only to discover a thief has been using potions of the phantom (?) to make himself appear like a spirit. He tries to drive you away, but killing him reveals his plan to obtain the treasure in the tomb using a claw (similar to the golden claw used in the riverwood quest). The quest is small potatoes, but it was entertaining from a storytelling aspect, and the loot was fairly good.
  5. AvonleaNord New Member

Message Count:
    I heard there is one that the devs based on The Hangover movie- I think it's the one you get from the drinking contest at the Inn in Whiterun. Haven't done it yet myself but could be worth checking out. Night to Remember. I thought the Bard College quests would be fun but the first one was looooooooong and tough and I'm not helping them anytime soon again LOL.
    Oren74 likes this.
  6. Adam nordic battle mage New Member

Message Count:
    Iv played all three. House of horrid made me laugh. I liked the phantom in the cave simple cos of the potion to make u look like a ghost
    The reaction of people as you walk around like this are as good as skyrim gets. Oh and the hangover quest gives you I think the most usefull deadric item in the game. My main problem is that apart from the no stone unterned the only quests I have(even misc) are go kill this guy for a jarl or things of that nature. So I'm looking for the most random and out there you know.
  7. jam Member

Message Count:
    I really liked the Break of Dawn, despite it being very easy to complete.
  8. Adam nordic battle mage New Member

Message Count:
    Which mission is that?
  9. jam Member

Message Count:
    It's a deadric mission which give you Dawnbreaker, a sword will occasionally explode vampires and drugers. I believe you can start it by either finding her beacon randomly or going to her shrine.

It's a relatively straightforward, but I enjoyed it.

But really, most of the Deadric missions are worth doing.

Some of the harder ones to find, which haven't been mentioned are: The Only Cure and Walking Nightmare

Other fun ones are The Wolf Queen Awakened in Solitude and The Pale Lady
  10. Adam nordic battle mage New Member

Message Count:
    I remember that now I had to reload it as when I was pulled to the sky so was a dragon who then began to duke it out with the shinny ball of deadra. I couldn't attack buy could walk over the sky of the world
  11. conchvegas Aravis, deadly archer

Message Count:
    I just did the hangover mission. Enjoyable, yes, but the pyromage at the end, boy was he tough.
    AvonleaNord likes this.
  12. brandon Active Member

Message Count:
    it is did someone say other wise
  13. SeaDog Active Member

Message Count:
    <--- Brain-farted
  14. Adam nordic battle mage New Member

Message Count:

Wished I'd maned up and completed the mission fully. I god to the goat and used my speach to get me through. Also if you go back to where the mission ends (you do for other missions) a massive fights happens with the deadra kicking arse downstairs