1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Most annoying quote for you in Skyrim?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Harkin, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Harkin

Harkin Necromatic Mastermind

Personally, I'm always hearing "That spell looks DANGEROUS...... KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!" - Which various NPCS say when I have thralls around. Hearing these words in different accents is sometimes amusing, however normal interaction with NPCs is temporarily limited while I have reanimations, so certain quest NPCs that use this dialogue when Im trying to start/ finish a quest usually end up in the Halls of the Dead when such quest is completed.

2. Rhew

Rhew The missing snow elf

"Ugh! Would you mind dousing that magic?!" I had one person say that to me 3 times in a row. I play good characters but I was close to shoving an icy spear in her face if she said it to me one more time.

The other thing I hate hearing is when I'm running to Kynesgrove with Delphine and she says "I'm glad you decided to travel with me. DOn't need you getting yourself killed before we get there." :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Harkin: 1 Point (For being a Bruce lee fan!) Nov 1, 2014
    Dabiene Caristiana: 5 Points (I was wondering if someone would mention Delphine and her insulting line. Talk about being a bitch lol) Nov 1, 2014
  3. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

For me, it's quite a few. These lines however really irk me:

"So, what? You can cast a few spells? Am I supposed to be impressed?" or "Go cast your fancy magic someplace else."

Usually those lines are followed up with a fireball lodged up the place where the sun don't shine. And a hefty bounty on my head. ;) At least they were impressed with my casting and running away skills!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rhew

That first line always reminds me of this:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rhew

"Fancy yourself a conjurer? Can you conjure me a bed?"

"You brew potions, right? Can you brew me some mead?"

"Hands to yourself sneak thief!" (I hate this one because sure most of my characters have high sneak skills but they are never thieves!)

I think my dragonborn is going to roll her eyes so much at the guards that they will just roll out of her head one day.

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Rhew, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  6. sticky runes

sticky runes Well-Known Member

"Heard they're reforming the Dawnguard. Vampire hunters or something in the old fort near Riften. Might consider joining up myself."
    F#ck the Dawnguard. If you wanna join them, go ahead. Saves me having to deal with their sh!t.

And also:

"I had you figured for a mage. I think you'll appreciate this."
    Fine for when I am playing a mage, but when I'm not buying any spells and only looking to buy some soul gems or sell some unwanted jewellery, I don't consider myself a mage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Rhew: 4 Points (We've got to do something about these vampire attacks!) Nov 1, 2014
  7. Rhew

Hahaha! or the "So you're an alchemist!" Um, no. I just need some potions, thanks.

8. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

Another blood boiler:

"Oooh, I remember you now. You're the new member of the Companions! ...So, you do what? Fetch the mead?"

Oooooooh I wanna behead that ugly guard. Every. Freaking. Time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Harkin

"I'm watching you, Orc" grates my innocent Orc all the time. Such stereotyipical nonsense

10. Rhew

Oh! That reminds me of another one! There are so many quotes!

"You should have stayed in your precious forest, elf!" That's said to me all the time with my Bosmer! And I've heard Lydia scream it at a Bosmer bandit once. My dragonborn was just o_O "WTF, Lydia! You're the housecarl of a wood elf!"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Harkin

Two faced Lydia!

12. Harkin

Owner (Sleeping in bed = Shouldn't be able to see me crouching) to Tresspasser "You Need To Leave", Me thinking: WHY ARE YOU AWAKE AT 4am with X-Ray Vision , Inhuman Detection skills!

One time I had J'zargho following me around in the College telling me to leave (maybe due to Reanimations?, Excuse me, incase you didn't notice - I'm the Arch-Mage!

13. sticky runes

sticky runes Well-Known Member

Idgrod's husband tells me to leave when I enter the hall sometimes. Even though I'm doing bloody errands for her that she doesn't even rely on her own guards to handle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rhew

I've had both Lydia and Faendal (steward) and that fluffing bard you can hire ask me if I was lost when I came home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mr Forz

Mr Forz I'm helping. Mostly.

Thalmor Wizard: "Back to the swamp with you, Argonian. Lest I carve you into boots."

Irritating quote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

"Glad to see you came to your senses lass. Ready to make some coin?"

Now, this line enrages me for two reasons.

Number one: My first character never stole anything, so when this red headed creep forced a conversation on her saying she couldn't have possibly earned any of her septims honestly because she wasn't walking or dressing like someone honest, it didn't go down well.

Number two: If you are playing a character who wants nothing to do with the Thieves Guild you don't have to go through the entire conversation Brynjolf forces on you first time he sees you, you can just tab out at any point, after which Brynjolf will say: "I can take a hint lass. If you want to make some coin, come find me." This is the biggest lie an NPC has ever told me. Go within a five metre radius of Brynjolf forever after he's all: "Glad to see you came to your senses lass. Ready to make some coin?" I'm not even looking at you and didn't slow down when I walked past. Take a hint!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

Vorstag once attacked some Thalmor screaming: "Your kind has no place here!" My High Elf character was pretty upset on account of she was Vorstag's wife. She woke up the next day with some lovers comfort though so he must managed to convince her he was talking about Thalmor specifically and not Altmer generally.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. deer8888

deer8888 Member

wait i know you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

That one is especially weird when it comes from an Imperial or Stormcloak soldier, or sometimes even the garrison commander. Don't you already have a job? Can you just leave like that? Wouldn't you get charged with desertion?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Kohlar the Unkilled

Kohlar the Unkilled Time for some ale

EVERYTHING'S FOR SALE!

-Belethor

: Quote