• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Choose either light or heavy armor. There is no good medium armor. Blocking on Morrowind also sucks, but shields usually can hold decent enchantments, especially tower shields. You can't cast spells while holding a weapon, which makes a spellsword a bit more difficult than in the later games, but magic is more powerful in Morrowind, as well. Choose either a Breton or a High Elf for your race, for the extra magicka.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Choose either light or heavy armor. There is no good medium armor. Blocking on Morrowind also sucks, but shields usually can hold decent enchantments, especially tower shields. You can't cast spells while holding a weapon, which makes a spellsword a bit more difficult than in the later games, but magic is more powerful in Morrowind, as well. Choose either a Breton or a High Elf for your race, for the extra magicka.
I didn't like the spellsword much in morrowind because of that.
I'm off to make a Mage, burning touch kicks all kinds of ***es!

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I've noticed that having a build in mind before creating the character is more crucial for this game than the following two Elder Scrolls games. My first character's build was "hmm, this could be useful, that could be useful" and now she's stuck in the swamps, surrounded by bad guys that look like mutated dinosaurs and no healing potions or spells. She's staying there. I had more luck with my second character, a Wood Elf born under the Mage sign for the extra magicka, and apothecary as one of her primary skills so that she can build a ton of potions for cash, and she created a minor healing spell at the Mage's Guild that is working out nicely.

As for the controls, you can hook up a controller, I would recommend the 360 one simply because Microsoft specifically designed it to work with a PC, but if that's not an option, remapping your keys is. I've gone and mapped almost everything to my cheap 4-button mouse, and it's helped out considerably.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I just changed the difficulty to super duper easy. I can kill Cliff Racers now!! :D Not gonna lie, that alone is making the game more fun, not dieing all the time.

I'm also in the process of downloading a graphics overhaul mod, I'm hoping I'll get some super pretty pictures soon. :)

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
I just changed the difficulty to super duper easy. I can kill Cliff Racers now!! :D Not gonna lie, that alone is making the game more fun, not dieing all the time.

I'm also in the process of downloading a graphics overhaul mod, I'm hoping I'll get some super pretty pictures soon. :)
Could ya post a link for that mod? Thanks.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Damn, mirror download servers are off.... Well, and I'm off to play some Oblivion FTW haha

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
That's okay, it's a royal PITA to install too...didn't get access to the install instructions until I had spent an hr downloading it and got it unzipped...turns out that since my Morrowind was modded, I had to uninstall and reinstall Morrowind cause it requires it to be unmodded. I hope that's only for the install, because I happened to like the 2 other mods that I put on.

Good news is, this sucker takes only like 20 minutes to download since it's so small lol. And if it doesn't work the way I want it to, there's always System Restore. :p

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Man, they say they refresh downloads every 5 minutes, but it's still off...

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
That's okay, I downloaded it, reinstalled Morrowind like it said I had to, installed the mod (took over an hour, might I add) and it completely destroyed my game. I'm in the process of reinstalling. :p

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
That's okay, I downloaded it, reinstalled Morrowind like it said I had to, installed the mod (took over an hour, might I add) and it completely destroyed my game. I'm in the process of reinstalling. :p
Okay, I found another site that is hosting a download for the 2.0 version of the mod.
I'm downloading it because I dont really like Morrowind but deep in my heart I feel that I have to like it...
So, what class do you play in Morrowind? I think I'm gonna make a Mage.
Damn, I wish there was a way to make an all-rounder...

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Okay, I found another site that is hosting a download for the 2.0 version of the mod.
I'm downloading it because I dont really like Morrowind but deep in my heart I feel that I have to like it...
So, what class do you play in Morrowind? I think I'm gonna make a Mage.
Damn, I wish there was a way to make an all-rounder...
LOL well, it is a free country, you can like anything you want haha. I do quite like how much exploring I do due to the lack of a quest marker. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but it's starting to grow on me. I'm seeing quite a bit of the island.

As for class...I made a custom one lol, but she's a warrior-type. This current character's class came as a result of me getting super frustrated with my first character not being able to do anything, lol. I honestly don't go into a new game with a set build in mind, my first couple of playthroughs are always to get the feel of the game, it isn't until my third or so character when I start thinking of specific ways to play and backstories and the like.

It's funny though, when I first started playing Skyrim, I found the leveling and perk system SO confusing, almost to the point where I disliked the game. It wasn't until I got further in and realised how much I could customise a character when I saw that it is freaking awesome. Now, the Morrowind/Oblivion race/class/sign setup just irks me.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
LOL well, it is a free country, you can like anything you want haha. I do quite like how much exploring I do due to the lack of a quest marker. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but it's starting to grow on me. I'm seeing quite a bit of the island.

As for class...I made a custom one lol, but she's a warrior-type. This current character's class came as a result of me getting super frustrated with my first character not being able to do anything, lol. I honestly don't go into a new game with a set build in mind, my first couple of playthroughs are always to get the feel of the game, it isn't until my third or so character when I start thinking of specific ways to play and backstories and the like.

It's funny though, when I first started playing Skyrim, I found the leveling and perk system SO confusing, almost to the point where I disliked the game. It wasn't until I got further in and realised how much I could customise a character when I saw that it is freaking awesome. Now, the Morrowind/Oblivion race/class/sign setup just irks me.
True story bro.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Yeah, he's got some ninja skills lol...like if a hippopotamus ever wore a ninja suit and pranced through the Nile on a crocodile...

....I don't know where I got that from. :p
I think you just pulled it out of your....
nevermind. XD

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
I am LOLing so hard from this situation.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts