• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Factions in Morrowind remain one of my favorite aspects of the game. They were numerous, fun, challenging, and you actually felt like you earned the promotions. Good times.

Saozig

Hippy
Well, my copy is here, I have it in my hands. I'll let you guys know how it goes. o_O

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Morrowind is easily my favourite Elder Scrolls game just take your time with it and you will have a blast.

Saozig

Hippy
So far, not having a blast. Really do not like the controls. Is there an one-key-stoke way for collecting alchemy ingredients? I may have to get a controller because hitting space bar and then moving cursor to click on the take all button for every mushroom and plant is driving me nuts, not to mention aggravating my old repetitive stress injury in my right wrist.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
My advice would be too check out some mods for it. Several have been made to streamline the interface, improve combat, etc.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Forgot about that. Mainly because I never really bothered to collect ingredients on Morrowind. It was usually just quicker to buy them at a shop.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I keep dieing!!! :sadface: Of course, it doesn't help that I went into the marshes with no health potions and no restore health spell and zero alchemy skill so I pretty much screwed myself over...:p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I keep dieing!!! :sadface: Of course, it doesn't help that I went into the marshes with no health potions and no restore health spell and zero alchemy skill so I pretty much screwed myself over...:p

Just remember, enemies do not level with you in Morrorwind. So there *are* places where enemies will stomp you into the ground if you go there unprepared. :p

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Just remember, enemies do not level with you in Morrorwind. So there *are* places where enemies will stomp you into the ground if you go there unprepared. :p
But that means that they'll get easier the more I level up though, right? So there is light at the end of the tunnel? LOL. :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Haha, not always. It'll take a decent while before you get to that instance of power. Unless you exploit the game some, expect your path to power take a while. If the game becomes easy, up the difficulty. ;)

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Umh, at this point, I just wanna live long enough to get to a place where I can buy health potions lol :p

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Haha. Well, if you are extra observant in the starting town, you should be able to leave with over 1,000 septims and a few extra items.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Avoid Solstheim until you are level 40 or so. I went there at around 20 once, and got raped by dudes with paralyzing weapons. Twas not fun.

Saozig

Hippy
My advice would be too check out some mods for it. Several have been made to streamline the interface, improve combat, etc.
Lovely. I want to play the game, not fluffing surf around for fluffing mods. Wish I knew this before I paid money for it.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well, imo, Morrorwind is pretty damn fun as it is. Mods just add to it. I've never had much of a problem playing it other than the hit detection.

Saozig

Hippy
Well, glad you like it, but the controls are making it unplayable for me. Couldn't play more than 30 minutes before my right wrist was killing me. So much for that experiment.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Heh, I'm not sure how my joints would fair giving Morrowind another play through. You could probably see about using a controller for it. I've never tried but it could be possible.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Controllers aren't bad. I played the entirety of my Morrowind career on the xbox, never had a problem.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
I just tried using a controller it is possible although you still need the mouse when talking to people and to buy and sell stuff.

This is the setup I used when re mapping the controls.

Use - joy5 - RB
Activate - joy4 - LB
Ready Weapon - joy2 - X
Run - joy0 - A
Jump - joy3 - Y
Next Weapon - joy8 - Right Stick
Toggle pov - joy1 - D-Pad (right)
Menu Mode - joy7 - Start
Journal - joy6 - Select
Rest - joy8 - Left Stick

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Installing Morrowind now, gonna give it another go. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a good spellsword/mage?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts