• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
Is it possible to gain more than one follower, excluding quests? If not, I think having a raiding party would be more fun than just one follower. The most I've had is 3, during the Companions quests where we travel to Ysgrammar.

Something to think about

You can't, unless you use quest followers indeed.

Ysarth the watcher

I think there should be limit on the number of followers though! Imagine an entire army behind one person. Bit much

Docta Corvina

Yeah, barring PC mods and utilizing multiple quest-related followers, I'm not aware of a way to gain more than one. I have had up to 7 or 8 at once via mods - and it gets crazy as hell really fast, lol!

EDIT: I'd forgotten about the Thralls, since I don't use them myself. They will also allow you to technically have additional followers.

Ysarth the watcher

I have had up to 7 or 8 at once via mods - and it gets crazy as hell really fast, lol!
That must have been really fun to watch! Especially in a small place like Dustman's Cairn LOL

Docta Corvina

That must have been really fun to watch! Especially in a small place like Dustman's Cairn LOL

Haha, yep! It was fun to watch - but it got annoying whenever I needed to get through a small doorway. Thankfully one of the follower overhaul mods makes people back up a lot more than usual if you run into/push them, so it's not been a *huge* issue. But it gets irritating from time to time when they ignore me and persist on blocking my way.

I do like the group/raiding party aspect though as well. My merry band, we're very Fellowship of the Ring. :p

Ysarth the watcher

Nicely! I must check out that mod sometime

Ysarth the watcher

Thanks so much!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Most I'v ever heard of without mods was four and I didn't witness it myself so I can't vouch for accuracy, but it involved a magic using follower that conjured a dremora lord, and my friend's own 2 dead thralls

Adam Warlock

If you`re counting thralls , then you can raise as many as you like with the Ritual Stone.
I once raised 8 like that .
Along with a follower and a Dead Thrall , I had a total of 10 helpers during a dragon attack !
Quite a scene , I must say .

grits207

I believe the closet you can come to having multiple followers outside of missions is to have one normal follower + a dog + the summoned spectral assassin who follows you until he dies. I've been meaning to try to fight a dragon alongside a team of Erik the Slayer, Meeko the dog, Shadowmere and the Dark Brotherhood ghost guy.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I currently have three followers - all of the Winterhold College initiates at once (using mods, of course). You should see the four of us taking down a dragon together. Lightening and fire everywhere!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Most I've had was 7-8 using Death Thrall and Ritual Stone. It was during the Wolf Queen quest. It was awesome! Just on a regular raid, the most I've had was 4: my character, 2 Thralls and a follower. Honestly, I've had just 2 Dremora Lords take out entire Bandit holds without lifting a finger. They are more than enough to raid a town. Add your pet Dragon to the mix and you are a force to be feared.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
From what I've heard, if you find a Vigilant of Stendarr dead (but his buddies are still alive) you can cast dead thrall on him/her and the entire group will follow.

Jaeger

Most I'v ever heard of without mods was four and I didn't witness it myself so I can't vouch for accuracy, but it involved a magic using follower that conjured a dremora lord, and my friend's own 2 dead thralls

And if you give the thralls summoning staves or if they are conjurors...2 more.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts