• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tanya

Health and stamina potion charms and the Amulet Of Talos
IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

I am also making the Strange Amulet but it is taking forever to dry. I will post pics when it's done.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Awesome, I love them, You are very talented.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Ha, ha you're like me. I've been working on a set of various pendants and amulets from the game as well. I'll get around to sharing them when they're finished. Nice work. ;)

Tanya

Ha, ha you're like me. I've been working on a set of various pendants and amulets from the game as well. I'll get around to sharing them when they're finished. Nice work. ;)
Thanks! What are you making yours out of?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I've been experimenting with different types of oven-bake polymer jewelry clay. I've found that the "Pardo" brand has worked the best and is the easiest to handle, plus the colors mix nice and smoothly. They have a few varieties and colors that imitate the metallic look rather well, plus it's relatively inexpensive. At my local hobby store I got 75g of a single color, or about enough to make 4-6 pendants depending on size for about $4.50.

Tanya

I've been experimenting with different types of oven-bake polymer jewelry clay. I've found that the "Pardo" brand has worked the best and is the easiest to handle, plus the colors mix nice and smoothly. They have a few varieties and colors that imitate the metallic look rather well, plus it's relatively inexpensive. At my local hobby store I got 75g of a single color, or about enough to make 4-6 pendants depending on size for about $4.50.
I've never heard of Pardo. I am still new to polymer clay but I have found that Sculpey is really soft and leaves fingerprints, Fimo is really hard and hard to work with, and Premo is a good in between. Sculpey has the most colors though, so I just use whatever color and paint it the colors I want.
I can't wait to see what you made. Maybe you could give me a few tips.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I've never heard of Pardo. I am still new to polymer clay but I have found that Sculpey is really soft and leaves fingerprints, Fimo is really hard and hard to work with, and Premo is a good in between. Sculpey has the most colors though, so I just use whatever color and paint it the colors I want.
I can't wait to see what you made. Maybe you could give me a few tips.

I've worked with Sculpey a lot and when it comes to general crafts it really is a good choice, and paints really well. A bonus with Sculpey is that, after it's baked, it sands beautifully. Taking some fine grit sandpaper gently over the surface can really help with the fingerprint problem. ;)

Tanya

I've worked with Sculpey a lot and when it comes to general crafts it really is a good choice, and paints really well. A bonus with Sculpey is that, after it's baked, it sands beautifully. Taking some fine grit sandpaper gently over the surface can really help with the fingerprint problem. ;)
I didn't ever think of sanding polymer. Thanks. I probably sound stupid but like I said, I'm really new to it so any tips are helpful.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
They're great Tan, really good.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Moved to Graphics Forum in anticipation of it being renamed to Skyrim Arts or similar.

XaviorK8

Health and stamina potion charms and the Amulet Of Talos
IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

I am also making the Strange Amulet but it is taking forever to dry. I will post pics when it's done.

No way Tanya ! What an awesome idea ? Where did you find the fitted cork and string ? Have you considered miniature glass viles with colored fizzy water and sparkles inside.

Tanya

No way Tanya ! What an awesome idea ? Where did you find the fitted cork and string ? Have you considered miniature glass viles with colored fizzy water and sparkles inside.
The cork is actually just polymer clay. I painted it to look like cork. The string is just hemp string.
I looked for mini bottles in Michael's but couldn't find any.

Latest posts