More "serious" followers anyone?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Abyssion

Is it just me or whenever you look for new follower mods on the Nexus do you just see streams and streams plastic/barbie like followers? Don't get me wrong I'm not condemning the mod creators work, sure its all fine and dandy for some people, but am I the only who wishes for "real" followers like; Hoth, Valfar, Odvar the Afflicted,Vilja and Atvir Dres. Let me know your thoughts ladies and gents, whether you agree (if so say what you'd like in a "real" follower mod) or disagree (By telling me why I'm wrong and should see the light lol).

kyleekay

I don't play Skyrim on PC and therefore have no access to mods ( :sadface: ) but I can see both sides of the coin, here. Some people simply like to look at pretty things while they play. This is heavily evidenced by the way the character customization menu is set up- we have zillions of options because Beth knows we like to have attractive characters sometimes. I think that mindset flows over into followers as well, especially because you see their face more often than your own.

As for the "serious" look, I get that too. I think people who want more rough & tumble looking followers are probably into that more for the immersion aspect.

Just my two cents. :)

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I didn't even bother with any of the "new follower" mods because they all looked pretty wanky. The sheer amount of work that went into Interesting NPCs tempts me to start a new game and try it, though.

I stuck with the vanilla followers and the UFO mod. They are so wooden that I started inventing interactions between them... No, not like my sig. ;)

Abyssion

I didn't even bother with any of the "new follower" mods because they all looked pretty wanky. The sheer amount of work that went into Interesting NPCs tempts me to start a new game and try it, though.

I stuck with the vanilla followers and the UFO mod. They are so wooden that I started inventing interactions between them... No, not like my sig. ;)
You should have a look at some of the follower mods i named; they are all pretty damn good, especially Hoth and Atvir Dres

Abyssion

I don't play Skyrim on PC and therefore have no access to mods ( :sadface: ) but I can see both sides of the coin, here. Some people simply like to look at pretty things while they play. This is heavily evidenced by the way the character customization menu is set up- we have zillions of options because Beth knows we like to have attractive characters sometimes. I think that mindset flows over into followers as well, especially because you see their face more often than your own.

As for the "serious" look, I get that too. I think people who want more rough & tumble looking followers are probably into that more for the immersion aspect.

Just my two cents. :)
Yeah I see your points, I have to admit I prefer the "serious" follower because of the immersion effect. You have my condolences for not having access to mods...it was a painful time for me before I splurged on my PC

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
I don't care if they look like a supermodel or not, I would just like something a little more substantial than your standard 'robot followers'. I can make those myself. Unfortunately that requires a heck of a lot of work, know-how and voice acting, which most people don't have to time and/or equipment to do.

My personal flavor for followers is that they are attractive, but not perfect. I favor immersion. And just about anything wearing armor that is all T & A I skip right over.

Jayosin

Assassin For Hire
My preference. I don't care what they look like. I want something that feels more life like. Serana is the closest I think. She's the only one who doesn't just wait there standing behind you. If you're smelting ore and making armor, she is probably on the grindstone tampering with some kind of weapon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts