• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Well, since there's a lot of Skyrim footage being leaked all over the internet, I believe all, if not most, of the perks have been revealed. You can probably look over them at uesp wiki. While there are more perks than you can level them, I think we can always use more perks ;]

Just post your perk ideas here for inevitable More Perks mod.

Cole

Mythik
I know I would like to see a perk that lets you tame dragons lol, not sure if this could be done, but would be awesome!

Cole

Mythik
But what skill would that be under?

I have read the perks and I think they are really well done. The magic perks especially work well together. I'll have to think about this.
It could be in one of the magic groups, maybe Conjuration, you could summon a permanent dragon perhaps?
Or make a new spell to 'brainwash' a wild dragon for the same effect.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I got some idea:
conjuration- you can memorize and capture a soul for one of the creature. you can summon that creature to help you in battle.

illusion- when you use frenzy on a person, if there is no one else to fight other than you, your victim will sometimes commit suicide

alteration- your telekinesis can disarm your enemies

Cole

Mythik
IMO it would be in illusion, since that school is based on mind control.
Ah yeah, that school, I couldn't remember which magic tree did that. It would be fun to be able to control a dragon, and it would make some amount of sense that a Dragonborn would be able to have some amount of control over their namesake. ;]

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I got some idea:
conjuration- you can memorize and capture a soul for one of the creature. you can summon that creature to help you in battle.

How would this work in practice? If the creature dies, almost immediately, when this spell is cast upon it, people most likely will misuse conjuration as an overpowered instant-death.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
How would this work in practice? If the creature dies, almost immediately, when this spell is cast upon it, people most likely will misuse conjuration as an overpowered instant-death.
No, I'm thinking more like capturing their soul like you do for soul gem. You kill your enemy and memorize their 'soul' as part of your ability. Then with that soul in your memory, you can summon it anytime you want. Basically, I want a spell that lets you summon anything you want. For balancing purpose, I guess you can make it so that you can use 'memorized soul' once and you have to capture a new one again. You know, just so that you can't summon a giant all the time haha

Cole

Mythik
Or make it so you have to use a grand soul gem to help summon the soul you've memorized?
And would the level of the creature you 'memorized' from say, level 5 stay at that level while you continue to level, or would the scale with you?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Or make it so you have to use a grand soul gem to help summon the soul you've memorized?
And would the level of the creature you 'memorized' from say, level 5 stay at that level while you continue to level, or would the scale with you?

That's a disastrous idea. Let's say, you're able to catch a Dragon at level 5, and you keep it with you until level 20, and release it then to cause havoc. Nobody and no thing wouldn't be a match for it.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
That's a disastrous idea. Let's say, you're able to catch a Dragon at level 5, and you keep it with you until level 20, and release it then to cause havoc. Nobody and no thing wouldn't be a match for it.
Can we capture souls for dragon? I mean, they kind of melt away when you kill them and you automatically absorb their soul so I don't think you can trap their souls into soul gem or any other means. Their souls are meant to be used for dragon language and summoning one is pretty overpowered... I mean, it's been confirmed that you can summon a dragon using a dragon shout.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I suppose summoning dragons is going to be more like "go there, spit some flame and go away" rather than it will come there and cause a minor one hour catastrophe for one village. However, I might be wrong.

Flamingtaco

Bash locks, if its not already in the game. Maybe a sneak perk which lets you disguise yourself as a faction member with the right clothes

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Bash locks, if its not already in the game. Maybe a sneak perk which lets you disguise yourself as a faction member with the right clothes

They did that in Fallout: NV. You know, the disguise thing. I think developers will add everything what they've learned between Oblivion and Skyrim. That's what I hope anyway.

Flamingtaco

But Fallout:NV wasn't developed by Bethesda so most of the new ideas come from Fallout 3. Still hopefully they paid attention to the game that they oublished

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Bethesda didn't develop Fallout:NV. Obsidian did, so I won't be surprised if it's not in the game. Faction isn't as important in Skyrim compared to Fallout:NV so I don't see it as a must.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
But Fallout:NV wasn't developed by Bethesda so most of the new ideas come from Fallout 3. Still hopefully they paid attention to the game that they oublished

I checked that from omniscient wikipedia, which says that it was developed by both companies: Obsidian and Bethesda. However, I guess, it was mainly done by Obsidian.

Flamingtaco

Well Obsidian just made some modifications and refinements to Fallout 3s engine and then everything else is just work that coukd have been done in ck with quests and world

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts