• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hacksaw

Lost of creative ways to make money, but the easiest and most effective is alchemy. Its a bit tedious at first, but there is no risk involved and it becomes a huge moneymaker when your potions start becoming more powerful.

Start thusly: Go to any town (Chorrol was always my personal favourite), join the mages guild, and clean out all the alchemy equipment. Keep one of each item and sell the rest, plus any expensive books lying around. Then start buying food and cheap alchemy ingredients from any innkeeper or alchemy vendor. Even at the lowest level of alchemy, the profit from potions outweighs the cost of ingredients. By the time you fast travel to every city and clean out all the vendors, your starting place will have restocked. You can just repeat over and over again until you have all the money you want.

Two things to keep in mind are 1) don't buy expensive ingredients, or you'll lose money off the potion, and 2) don't buy or pick up heavy items, as the potion you make is also heavy. So I never buy pumpkins, watermelons, or cheese wheels.

When you reach 100 alchemy, and can make potions from a single ingredient, this method will generate a ridiculous amount of money in a short time. But as I said earlier, even the lowest level of alchemy can make money this way, and you can do it ad infinitum.

punkneo129

Wait, what? You already have a level 40 character but don’t know how to easily get money? Okay, I guess. Try robbing the castles in each town as well as the guild halls. Or if you’re not into that do some quests for the “Dark Brotherhood” or the “Fighters Guild” instead since they pay well. You could also try the arena and if your luck is high then betting on arena fights will probably be the quickest way of getting some cash.
i thought we were talking about skyrim

Wabbajack

If your game hasn't been patched then you can do the glitch.
I can't remember it but if you search online for oblivion money glitch it should come up with plenty of tutorials.
I'm not into glitching myself but I'm not against it, people should play the game how they want seeing as they paid for it.

Tman2177

I'm not sure if it has been patched or not.... But, in Oblivion, there was a duplication glitch, you could make as many copies of any item you wanted and sell them(as long as you didn't steal them) to any merchant or thieves guild fence(if you DID steal the original). I have forgotten how to do it but I know I've seen videos on youtube about it.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I'm not sure if it has been patched or not.... But, in Oblivion, there was a duplication glitch, you could make as many copies of any item you wanted and sell them(as long as you didn't steal them) to any merchant or thieves guild fence(if you DID steal the original). I have forgotten how to do it but I know I've seen videos on youtube about it.

I think you're talking about the scroll glitch. I used it when I first started playing (until it made the game too easy). Okay, here's how it works on PS3:

• Get multiples of the same scroll, either by finding them or purchasing them.
  • Make sure that you are carrying only one of the item that you want to dupe. If you've got more, drop or store them.
  • Open up your inventory, double click the scrolls, then drop the item to be duplicated.
  • When you exit out of your inventory, you should see the original item and all its copies dropping to the floor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts