Mojo's Guide to carrying more loot

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whats your favourite method of holding extra loot?

• Reanimated Dead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dead Thralls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chiefmojorising

Mojo's Guide to carrying more loot

Hey guys this is my first ever guide so decided to make a simple one :)

"You’re halfway through a long dungeon romp when you find that nice Ebony Shield or Dwarven Warhammer of Sparks. You frantically look through your menu; hoping for a cheap item to drop; but to no avail." It’s happened to everybody, the inevitable time when you run out of space picking up that tasty bit of loot and don’t know what to drop. Well now you don’t have to get rid of loot!

200px-EbonyShield.png

In this guide I am going to be covering the ways in which you can make space to pick up more loot, without dropping anything else. There are several methods, some of which only require the basics to access, to one which requires a mighty 90 conjuration! I will also be discussing the pros and cons of each, if you have anything to add please tell me and I’ll try to include it into the guide.

1) Let’s start off with the most basic way to store more loot: Followers
Followers are a great way to store more loot, as several of them are accessible from just a few quests, or even better can be hired for a measly 500 gold from several cities. The only exception here is war dogs, as you can’t trade with them. Not only do they follow you, but they also help to fight, and you can upgrade their equipment as you choose to.

Skyrim_985ca5_2884181.jpg

Pros
-They can help you fight, allowing for a generally quicker and easier time
-They are pretty much permanent, unless they die or are dismissed by you
-With such a large variety of followers you can find somebody that benefits your style of game play
-Easily accessible
-They can be quickly used, as you just interact with them and choose trade option

Cons
-If you tend to play a stealth based class, they can make it harder to stay hidden
-They can die
-Some of them are fairly useless in combat, and they have an annoying habit of getting in your way
Rating: 8/10

2) Another easily accessible method of holding items is: Raised Undead
If you have dabbled in Conjuration much, you will know that you can get spells allowing you to summon undead animals and people of varying strength. These can provide strong, although short-lived methods of carrying your loot around. Best not to fast travel with them.

reanimated_colossus_by_henryez-d3hq2wn.jpg

Pros
-Some of the creatures are powerful
-You can find dead bodies almost anywhere
-Extremely quick summon time

Cons
-Each body can only be used once
-Short lifespan
-Generally annoying to have to repeat lots
-Can’t fast travel without losing items to the great wilds
-At high levels you may struggle to find lower leveled bodies
Rating: 2/10

3) This is where it gets interesting: Dead Thralls
To put it simply… these guys are amazing. Like the reanimate undead spells, you simply need a body; however it MUST be humanoid this time. On the plus side it can be up to level 40(50 with Necromage perk), allowing for some very powerful enemies to be reanimated; i.e. master vampires. And, with twin souls you can have two of them around, or one and a free summon slot.

images

Pros
e
-Lives for ever
-Stackable with followers and/or a free slot for a storm thrall/Dremora Lord
-Can be very powerful
-Mostly safe to fast travel with
-Easily unsummoned and when it does leaves a body to loot and reanimate

Cons
-Long casting time
-Requires 90 Conjuration and having done the Conjuration ritual quest
-Only works on humanoids
-Has an annoying habit of randomly disappearing into nothingness, with said loot
Rating: 7-9/10 depending on who you decide to reanimate.

Overall I would say that the best choice is probably a follower, as even though the Dead Thralls can be far more powerful, the simplicity and helpfulness of a follower can overshadow the sheer power of Thralls, also it’s nice not to be followed by a constant groaning noise.
Happy hunting!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts