1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Mods & Skyrim On PS4

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by jarif, May 23, 2013.

1. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Its possible for ps4 to have mods because its more user friendly or rather it gives the player gaming freedom (i forgot the actual term)

it would be awesome if they did a Skyrim HD and putted it on PSN for PS4 e.g; they made prince of persia HD (which was a ps2 game) and made it HD on PS3
  2. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    A remake of Skyrim won't happen, as they haven't done a remake of Morrowind, and it would require a lot of work.
    If they did, then it would be for X1, PS4, and PC (again), but they are just going to work on the future games (like Fallout 4 and TESVI).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

Message Count:
    What's TESVI? I'm not interested in Fallout, but if TESVI is an RPG in the TES vein, maybe. Otherwise I'll probably do the TES Online thing.
  4. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    No one knows, the only thing for sure is that they are working on one.
  5. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i dont mean ''remake'' i mean make it HD not literally animate the whole but you know make the textures better then put in on PSN like they do with PS2 & PS3
  6. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    I do too, remember all the fun times that Bethesda had getting it optimized for the PS3, it would be similar, as they would have to do the same thing with the new architecture of the PS4, and people would expect them to fix more bugs.

They couldn't just do this with the PS4 though, as they would have to do it with all consoles with Skyrim being a multiplatform game, you would be better off just playing it on the computer.
  7. ShenziSixaxis Article Writer

Message Count:
    PS4 is not compatible with PS1/2/3 games, so no. If you want mods so badly you'll have to either jail break your PS3 or buy a computer capable of running it.

?????

The game is already rendered in HD on consoles, and on PC it can be (theoretically) rendered as high in resolution as one's system can handle. They've also already made the textures better.
  8. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    but remember this is next gen, more advanced and user friendly, sony even said they want it to be programmed easier for developers like we wouldn't have that skyrim incident again but if isn't in PS4 i can definitely expect it in PS5 :)
  9. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Its only on PC, btw i already have skyrim on my pc
  10. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    and i never mentioned PS4 being compatible with PS3 and PS2 i was merely saying e.g: Resident evil 4 is a PS2 game so they convert into HD for PS3 as a example
  11. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    I am saying it is more work to begin with, doesn't matter how dev friendly it is.
    They would have to do this for all 3 systems (I am not counting Wii U), as Microsoft has also said how easy it is for devs.

Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony will always say that their devs will have it easier each generation, but talk is easier than action.

Still, they would have to separate their time from what they are already working on, and I would rather see them working on a new game with their whole team, instead of being divided.
  12. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    microsoft has turned into a TV and im not sure if this is even funny
  13. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    uh...what?
    I am a little lost.
  14. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    well from what we have seen its pretty much focusing on TV apps
  15. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    No.

The conference was only about their new stuff (Kinect, TV, Partnerships), E3 is what they say is for games.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ShenziSixaxis Article Writer

Message Count:
    No matter how easy a system is to work with, it means nothing if the game creators don't know how to work with it. Skyrim is buggy on PS3, yes, but it also is on PC and 360, so... what's your point? There are plenty of buggy games.

But if you look at the PS3, some games aren't. These programmers know what they're doing. Look at Lair (wasn't presented well but the game is mostly sound), inFamous 1 & 2 (amazing examples of what knowing what you're doing), and Sonic Unleashed or Generations. Lair and inFamous are PS3 exclusive, but the two Sonic games were multiplatform, and ported to PS3 and 360, yet the games aren't super buggy.

My mom has used my 2400 USD laptop before, but with great effort and usually not with the best results. However, I can use it and get everything I want out of it.

No amount of technology and user/dev friendliness means anything if you don't know what you're doing with it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jarif Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i guess this true but how different would skyrim be on next gen? or at least TES 6
  18. Sean lost somewhere

Message Count:
    They will learn the architecture for the next consoles (they've had Dev Kits for the past 6 months, I believe) and, are going to release Fallout 4 in 2014 (Every 3 years is a Bethesda release).

So don't expect another Elder Scrolls until around 2017, and by then, they will know a lot of the ins and outs of both consoles, especially with both being so similar this time around.

With Bethesda games being so expansive, they will always be buggy, they do need to dedicate their team to squashing them before release though (much like how the Unofficial Patches get created for the PC versions, but with a fully paid team, and not by some modders).
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. ShenziSixaxis Article Writer

Message Count:
    Skyrim won't be ported most likely. Maybe they'd change it a bit to be compatible so you could buy it off the PSN and play it on your PS4, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

And they won't remake it. No TES has been, and Skyrim was recent. They aren't going to rebuild a game just because of new consoles two years after the game was released and, what, 4-6 prior of development? Yeah...

I don't think it'd be too different. The fundamentals of the last three games have been... mostly the same? I know Oblivion and Skyrim were rather similar, though things were different in Morrowind. But I think they'll stick with this formula. I expect mostly larger areas, better models and textures, better AI, etc etc. As Sean_ pointed out, assuming TES6 is released about when we're expecting in another 3-4 years, I think they'll be able to make something awesome. Just compare Oblivion (late 6th gen/early 7th gen) to Skyrim (late 7th gen). Big difference.
  20. Lord Sevengraves Member

Message Count:
    How can I jail break my ps3, I've never heard about that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2