Mods on the consoles?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
In a recent interview they said something along the lines of “The most popular PC mods will be made available as downloads (like a DLC) for the console versions”, I think. I don’t remember where this was mentioned though.

I think its good for consolites that they get something out of what mighty pc-gaming-race enjoys all the time. Even though it's only bits and crumbs of the vast collection of mods.

Flamingtaco

Yeah maybe something like OOO or MMM which is fairly bug free and popular could make its way to free dlc format, if they'r ereally serious about it they could release a pack of popular and compatible mods all at once so its not too much of a pain

Travis

I think they could easily implement a system where you could scroll through and check out the available mods under the skyrim UI, and then add/remove (enable/disable) the ones you want. An added benefit of doing this on console, would be that the game creators would be going though the plethora of good and bad mods, and hand picking the best ones. That leaves the console playing with a much easier, and honestly, probably better playing xp.

Flamingtaco

I think they could easily implement a system where you could scroll through and check out the available mods under the skyrim UI, and then add/remove (enable/disable) the ones you want. An added benefit of doing this on console, would be that the game creators would be going though the plethora of good and bad mods, and hand picking the best ones. That leaves the console playing with a much easier, and honestly, probably better playing xp.
The problem is the legal issues with Microsoft and Sony that I think they would have with that, but it could happen
This may be old news, but I heard today that the 360 will get DLC content 30 days prior to PC and PS3. Not sure what that's all about.
Yeah microsoft is greedy.

Travis

This may be old news, but I heard today that the 360 will get DLC content 30 days prior to PC and PS3. Not sure what that's all about.
What!? That's ridiculous. I'm actually kind of surprised to hear that. Are you sure it's true? Because listening to Todd Howard talk about this game, he REALLY doesn't want fragmentation like that between systems.

Flamingtaco

What!? That's ridiculous. I'm actually kind of surprised to hear that. Are you sure it's true? Because listening to Todd Howard talk about this game, he REALLY doesn't want fragmentation like that between systems.
Its true, Microsoft likes to do things like that and enough money will make even Bethesda accept the offer. http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/skyrim-dlc-packs-heading-to-xbox-360-first/ Although actually this article says that its only the first two dlcs, which means both that there will be more than two, and also that its not as big a deal.

Travis

Yeah. Honestly I probably won't be done with enough vanilla to want the DLC when it comes out anyway, so I don't think it will bother me, but I wonder if that really makes people buy it on 360 instead of something else. It just seems kinda crappy. Oh well.... capitalism right? It's a 2 edged sword.

Flamingtaco

Yeah. Honestly I probably won't be done with enough vanilla to want the DLC when it comes out anyway, so I don't think it will bother me, but I wonder if that really makes people buy it on 360 instead of something else. It just seems kinda crappy. Oh well.... capitalism right? It's a 2 edged sword.
Anyone faced between ps3 and xbox may buy it for xbox anyway. I don't know if its true this time, probably not, but a lot of multiplatform games like COD are better optimized for xbox because it has easier hardware to code for.

HaxAras

Saints Row had The Initiation station Where You Could Create Your Char Before The Game Came Out Then Could Upload It To the Community Website, My Point Being You Can Downloads Charecters Others Created To Play as them. If Bethesda Did Something Like That Maybe It Could Work.

lemmyjftw

I understand the want/need to make the game more interesting, but you are basically telling the developers that they made a bad game, seeing as it can't keep you satisfied without changing some details regardless of how minor, and can't keep you entertained. The game is amazing as it is, and will take the place of Oblivion as being the game that all new RPGs are compared to.

HaxAras

I understand the want/need to make the game more interesting, but you are basically telling the developers that they made a bad game, seeing as it can't keep you satisfied without changing some details regardless of how minor, and can't keep you entertained. The game is amazing as it is, and will take the place of Oblivion as being the game that all new RPGs are compared to.

It Could be The Best RPG Ever. But It Doesn't Mean People Won't Mod It. Some Will Just Want to Personalize Their Games After Playing Through It Several Times.

lemmyjftw

I understand the want to make a game more personalized, but it takes away from why the game was great in the first place. It's made so it IS personalized with everything that you do affecting the world in someway, not to mention the numerous amounts of customizations you can already make.

HaxAras

I understand the want to make a game more personalized, but it takes away from why the game was great in the first place. It's made so it IS personalized with everything that you do affecting the world in someway, not to mention the numerous amounts of customizations you can already make.
Some Things I Can't Change That I Would Love To Though. Like The Colors Of My Health,Mana and Stamina Bars. I'm Tired of the Same Old Colors. And I Know One Thing That Annoyed other People Too is the Health Bar's Declining From The Outer Edges. One Person On the Forums Said They Bought A Mansion And It Had Just 4 Bookshelves. I'm Sure They Would Like More With A Mod For It.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts