• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Very Black Cat

Hey, I decided to start again with Skyrim, and I'd like to have some mods for mage. You know, robes, new spells etc. etc. Could you help me?

Sent using my Galaxy Tab 3 via Tapatalk

JoeReese

I have a mod on Steam that gives you two different strengths of pushing spell, sort of a minor unrelenting force from the hand, and a ring that increases destruction spell power and reduces cost. They're twice as strong and half as much to cast. It's also got a pretty potent staff of dragon fire.

JoeReese

Totally depends on your idea of over/under. Maybe search "mage" in steam...plenty of mods out there, and I'm sure at least one will be what you want.

Very Black Cat

Hmm... thank you anyway :)

@edit

Mod which allows me to change the begginning would be also great. If not begginning then creating character (more options and stuff). :)

Hmm... thank you anyway :)

@edit

Mod which allows me to change the begginning would be also great. If not begginning then creating character (more options and stuff). :)

Lots of mods which can help you there! Best one for the beginning is:
"Alternate Start - Live Another Life" which is on the Nexus.
Other good one are "Apachii's Hair" and "4K Tattoos" which are also on the Nexus. These are probably not on the Steam Workshop since the Nexus provides more advanced mods.

I added the mod "Improved Destruction Magic" To me it doesn't go far enough, but it's still a definite improvement in that it does increase the damage per mana of a lot of the spells. Heres the problem with how Skyrim built Destruction magic, particularly on high levels of play like Legendary which is what I play on. The damage fper mana actually goes DOWN as you learn higher level spells. It seems to me that if anything as you become more adept (no Skyrim pun intended) at destruction, the higher the spell the more damage per mana. Anyways this helps.

Also I haven't done it in a while, but I think the impact perk is ridiculously OP. I haven't played with it in a year or so, But IIRC you can stagger a DRAGON with a dual cast destruction firebolt. That is so ridiculous, it's like a couple seconds paralysis. So to keep the game challenging, I never get dual cast or impact perks just because to me they suck the fun and life out of the game when you can essentially turn any dual cast destruction spell into one that has brief paralysis (stagger paralysis, same thing if you ask me).

Trekiros

Apocalypse is the best spell pack I know of. Although it makes alteration a bit OP with Ocato's recital, the rest is fairly good. Forgotten magic and Lost magic are two extremely good spell packages too. One of them, I always forget which one, has got spells that level up the more you use them, which is an interesting twist on the mechanics of vanilla skyrim.

Then there's balanced magic, which makes spell effect scale with skill level in each school of magic : damage for destruction, duration for alteration, max level for illusion, etc...

I use spell sneak v2 which adds sneaking bonus to spells ( three times the damage if sneaking, six times on a rune, and spells emit less light as you get good at sneaking)

Spellmaking in Skyrim is a very good, if a bit hard questline, with very interesting rewards : custom spells. Definitely a must have in my opinions.

And then there is spectraverse : magic of the magna-ge and dwemerverse, two small questlines with a bunch of pretty destruction spells as rewards.

I've yet to find a mod which adds those new spells to the opponents, so you feel a bit OP as a modded mage. If you find one, go for it immediately. I use improved AI : revenge of the enemies to have a more interesting challenge.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Apocalypse is the best spell pack I know of.
After trying out a handful of spell mods, I agree with this 100%.

Although it makes alteration a bit OP with Ocato's recital, the rest is fairly good.
I love the idea of Ocato's Recital. It takes away the pain of battle preparation each time and made a mage character fun for me. I do agree it is a bit overpowered. Perhaps if they had made it to cost magicka each time it was invoked it would be a bit more balanced.

Forgotten magic and Lost magic are two extremely good spell packages too. One of them, I always forget which one, has got spells that level up the more you use them, which is an interesting twist on the mechanics of vanilla skyrim.
Forgotten Magic is the one that levels. I didn't care for it because the base spells were weaker than Skyrim's base spells (with SkyRe at least).

Trekiros

When you level them they become really really good, that's the point :p
I use mostly fireblast and stormstrike, those have reasonable usefulness in the early levels already amd become glorious pain dealers when you use them enough.

Ocato's recital is a very good idea indeed, but perhaps it'd be less broken with only one or two spells, or if it reduced the spell effect magnitude of the spells you store in it, to give you an incentive to still use those spells in battle from time to time.

AS88

Staff member
SkyRe, Immersive College of Winterhold

Requiem overhaul for Mages

I would have to look at it again to tell you what id does since I have never got very much magic ability in Requiem.

Requiem also does a lot of changes to perks and spells and crap.

Toxius

Frost Wolf

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
You might want Skyrim Redone and Apocalypse for the spells and overall perk trees.

Concerning the robes, well. The Tribunal Robes on Skyrim Nexus are nice. For my part, I just found my stuff on Deadly Dragon's armory. An unenchanted, red version of the Thalmor Robes.

10355650_4654983788365_3452339792850250673_o.jpg

Hey, I decided to start again with Skyrim, and I'd like to have some mods for mage. You know, robes, new spells etc. etc. Could you help me?

Personally I have always played an armored mage so I dont have any special gear related mods, however, have you tried Forgotten Magic Redone? I lvoe the fact that you dont just have the spell handed to you and it ends there. You actually level up your spells, independently of perks and can modify them in many many ways. I honestly think its one of the most underrated mods in all of skyrim modding. Check it out! It does have a patch for Skyre if you use that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts