1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Mods Coming to Xbox 360!

Discussion in 'Skyrim Mods' started by Atrocious, May 13, 2012.

1. Atrocious Dovahkiin

Message Count:
  2. Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

Message Count:
    Most of what the guy was talking about sounded more like hacks than mods.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. xSuoiveDx Dave, The Quiet One.

Message Count:
    Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
    I agree & there is a big difference between genuine Mods & just hacks. Besides can you really see Microsoft endorsing Mods after all of these years of them being against them.
  4. Shadowbane Premium Member

Message Count:
    Any Xbox game can have mods, that method is old.
  5. xSuoiveDx Dave, The Quiet One.

Message Count:
    Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
    That's not the point, Microsoft has a strict stance on Modded Xbox games & has banned Xbox Live users that use Mods for games unless it's one that they have endorsed. Been down that road yrs ago with POTC & quite a few people were banned as a result, which was shame because they were the same Mods that PC Gamers were using.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 950931 New Member

Message Count:
    some mods have been ported to 360 but it requires you have a Jtag
  7. joNta2s To serve the Mistress of Shadows

Message Count:
    i'd say don't use a xbox live account... i've had friends lose there accounts because of modes.. really if you want modes just by it for your pc.. i have it for xbox.. and for now thats all. though when it drops in price for the pc or i can find a good used one at the right price.. this guys going to also have it for his pc..
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. 950931 New Member

Message Count:
    That's why I have two xboxes one for online gaming and the other is a JTAG for offline use only.
    joNta2s likes this.
  9. joNta2s To serve the Mistress of Shadows

Message Count:
    i had two for a while.. my first one i bought when 360 first came out.. never got the ring of death either.. then i went out and bought the Gears limited.. i just ended up selling my first exbox to a friend of mine mad cheap..
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tickle Me Wombat New Member

Message Count:
  11. Bengaal the khajiit Mr. Fluffykins

Message Count:
    That is not a genuine mod. In fact if you were to do this with an account that has xbl you would be IP Banned by microsoft, and possibly reported to the feds for hacking wich is not in compliance with that rule that says "all devices can recieve unwanted interference but cannot give off any type of interference themselves" A.K.A. A program on your PC is used to purposfully moddify/chorrupt a file meant for another system (xbox/xbl) wich is interference.

But I will say Microsoft is full of idiots, pansies, and hypocrits because they allowed Ubisoft to run an external server called u-play through xbl and U-play makes cosmetic and even physical changes to said game. Now I'm comparing that to Skyrim's situation because of the fact that even if the content of mods wasn't made by bethesda the software used to make said content was, therfore dispproving any accusations that it would chorrupt our files. So in short, Microsoft is full of it and I hope Bethesda will realize that if they use the term "Player suggested material" instead of "Mods" maybe Ms would be more leniant
  12. Jersey Dagmar Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

Message Count:
    No. What you can get on the 360 are not Mods. They are hacks.
  13. Hunter9417 New Member

Message Count:
    I hated the fact that most PC users would boast about being able to get these mods that are popping up. I have one mod that i picked up on the internet, the only downside is the god mode. The mod gave you every item in the game (not including the items from dawnguard), which was cool. I just wanted all the items without god mode enabled, but it was the only one i could find. If anyone could send me a link to a good modded game save i would be very appreciative.
  14. NewZodiac Member

Message Count:
    I'd be wary, since this isn't officially from Bethesda, or microsoft.

What this guy is talking about sounds like hacking. And hacking your xbox would mean being banned from xbox live.
  15. Boyd Article Writah

Message Count:

Microsoft doesn't IP ban you. They console ban you. This way so if you want to play online again, you have to buy a new Console. More money for them :)
  16. Six Gun Tarot The God-Eater

Message Count:
    For people saying you would get banned with this, you can't you aren't modding/hacking your CONSOLE in anyway you are modding/hacking the GAMESAVE which is fine with Microsoft as long as it doesn't give you a cheating edge on other players, which it doesn't seeing how this is a single player game
    Hunter9417 likes this.
  17. Boyd Article Writah

Message Count:
    It gives you an edge in the game while other players don't have that edge so they have to deal with it? Idk :3