[MOD WIP] Hoarder's Warehouse - Video

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkierymBob

This is a WIP mod (almost complete) that is to be used as a mass storage site. There are a few bugs and a few items I want to add but I'd say it's about 90% complete. It has:
-Loads of mannequins
-Loads of weapon racks
-Loads of bookshelves
-Smithing room
-Alchemy room
-Enchanting room
-Magic room
-Much more...
Any hints, tips and ideas would be great. I'm also starting to work on a worldspace to link up to the building that would have the same theme.

Queet

I cant say I've got any hints or tips, but I can say that I am looking forward to this being completed. I would love to help, but dont know much.
So yeah, I'm very interested in this and hope it gets through to being released.
The lack of amount of maniquins in other houses was somewhat annoying.

I do not have Skyrim for the PC, but this does look interesting.

Skill Rooms:

Possibly craft the rooms a wee bit smaller. It would for one save space, two make it easier for you to fill them up with useful tools and not look like a decoration clutter, and three it would give more space for the skill room ideas I'm about to provide.

Smithing room:

Add a few ore veins possibly? Maybe a little rock wall on one side with ore veins of all sorts in it.
Add a blacksmith NPC in it.
Add a little bit of "personality", or uniqueness to it. Something that would remind the player of smithers. Maybe some rocks, cut wood, ores, flowers, etc.
Finally shrink its size a little bit.

Alchemy room:

Add a custom version of the Arch-mage's ingredient center in it?
Add insects in it
Possibly add a starry ceiling
Maybe add a mage/alchemist NPC in it.
Add a bookshelf with all the ingredient recipes
Shrink its size a bit

Enchantment room:

Add a few... bandits? in a jail cell. With no weapons and a quick re spawn to allow easy access to Grand souls.
Add some sort of large quantity of soul gems... possibly a bundle of open storage boxes with tons of soul gems in them?
Add an NPC enchanter. Such as the one found in Windhelm that was fasley accused of the Windhelm murders.
Make the only light come from lit candles/bonfire?
Shrink its size a bit

Add a Lockpicking room:

Add a ton of lock chests full of goodies/empty. Ranging from novice to master locks.
Add an open storage container full of lockpicks.
Add a thief NPC from the Theive's guild to it.
Add some hay, etc.

In the Library:

I collect a lot of books. But wouldn't enjoy personally having shelf after shelf after shelf of books. I like to have more of an environment saved up ;)

Maybe add a throne on top of a set of steps.
Add a ton of candles and decorations such as tables and cups, platters, etc.
Add more of that fancy red carpet. Such as the one leading to the armory room ;)
Add a 2nd story.... porch? That has a giant open center and the only walk space lines the walls of the library. This will create an overview of the whole library, and would allow a special section for the more favored/important books.
Add some book display cases? If there are even any.

In the Armory:

Good job so far, but you should add more of a decorative scene of course ;) And not so many dual weapon racks.

Use a 5 weapon display rack such as the one in the POH (Player Owned House) located in Winterhold as a replacement to the ungodly amount of dual weapon racks you have. This could allow a full set of each type of weaponry to be displayed on the same rack.
Use the double dagger display case in replacement of your table ones. These too can be found in the Winterhold POH.
Add some guard NPCs that walk around the place... possible one that looks like a leader/general leaning over that table you've got studying the battlefield map ;)
Add a couple special mannequins with a 5 set weapon display rack on a lifted floor right in front of the entrance. This would allow the most prized/favored weapons to be displayed here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Overall:

This is an amazing plugin idea, but... in my opinion, this plugin would be used by people who are either bored/horderers of/in the game. With almost everything the players are meant to search for sitting right in front of them, such as the guardian stones, insane spells, and shop keeper with tons of cash to buy stuff with... it could ruin the fun of the game for some.

So possibly... make 2 versions of this plugin? The one you are making now, and a more restricted version. Possibly add a training arena in the center instead of the guardian stones on the second version so your users can train on spawning monsters. Possibly the same arena from Pelagius's Mind ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I hope I've given you enough ideas, because I know you've asked for them! :)

Best of luck with your plugin, and I hope it becomes a hit!
~Elder of Knowledge

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts