[Mod Idea] A gryphon in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
As I was browsing Nexus the other day, just looking at mods out of boredom, the thought occurred to me that with all the mods out there that add all sorts of creatures and other monsters to Skyrim, I noticed that none of them, to the best of my knowledge, added gryphons (Yes, I'm a little biased :p), or really made any of these new creatures available as followers (yes, I know, you're supposed to kill the frost giants, not hug them!). So, an idea formed in my mind for a mod: a gryphon follower. He'd be a small thing*, not very good for combat, but I suppose hilarious dialogue and an interesting quest would make up for it. Any thoughts on a mod like this?

*I'll eventually post a picture for his size as compared to an average Nord when I have the will to draw something. See next post

Last edited:
I like that idea actually. However I would suggest maybe making him some sort of combat power - maybe some sort of magic instead of melee because of his size? I think it'd be awesome if he could shoot a beam out of his beak or something. Maybe that's just me. lol
You could also maybe make that part of his quest line - like for each quest you complete with him, he gets new powers to use. :)
But yeah man do it. Whenever I'm able to get modded Skyrim I'd download it, definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
There's a mod on Steam that has griffons in it; looks like the modmaker re-skinned dragons to make them. (mod here) not exactly what you were thinking about, but interesting nonetheless ;)

HDt6bej.jpg

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
Certainly interesting. Not a fan of fire-breathing gryphons, though. If I ever learn how to effectively use any sort of modelling software, I might make my own custom model for the little guy instead of just retexturing and shrinking a dragon. If not, I will definitely seek out someone to help me with that bit.

However I would suggest maybe making him some sort of combat power - maybe some sort of magic instead of melee because of his size? I think it'd be awesome if he could shoot a beam out of his beak or something.

Well, as I stated in my original post, he probably wouldn't be much good in combat, although, come to think of it, he might make a good pickpocket or lock-picker, even if he might object a little when asked to do so.

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
That would work. But griffins are, in my opinion, magical creatures. And you don't have to be huge to use magic. Just an idea. May make it more popular as well. I'm not sure the Pickpocketing or Lockpicking would work either - how would he do that? That could also be covered by magic though. Eh. It's your mod. :) Your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought gryphons as being more dexterous and agile with their talons than most mythical creatures, hence the lock-picking and pickpocket idea. Regarding magic (I don't classify gryphons as being magical per se, just mythical), though, he probably won't have any spells at his disposal, although I just might give him unrelenting force with the sound effect changed to an eagle screech or something, just so he isn't totally defenseless. At this point, though, I'll probably focus more on what his personality might be like, and what kind of voice to give him, in addition to learning to navigate and use the CK.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts