• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
That would be so cool indeed. I've thought about that before, and I sooo wish it was true :sadface:

Psiberzerker, you kind of have a point here, but gameplay > realism.
In this case, gameplay refers to the prize you get at the end of a questline, namely, Miraak's gear. After such an epic and fun questline, I want to get awesome rewards from it, not something that can be outclassed by pretty much any self-crafted item.
With the Atronach Perk, Stone, Miraak's Robes, and Boots, you can have a constant 100% Spell Absorbtion. That's Immunity to All Magic (Including Poison, and Diseases) and Shouts, plus Magicka every time someone is stupid enough to cast it at you, and you don't even have to be a Breton. I'm sorry, but just That isn't OP enough for you all by itself? I just beat Miraak again, this time with a character designed to take advantage of all this (Started out a Nightblade, but I respecced Illusion, and Sneak) Now, I fully expect to retire him for lack of any reasonable challenge. If you're undewhelmed by getting to command, and ride Dragons, than there's really no hope for you.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I'm not saying I was disappointed with riding dragons or getting to re-choose my perks. All I'm saying is Bethesda could have used more imagination when creating Miraak's mask and sword. They are supposed to be unique artifacts, so they should've made them at least somewhat unique. (and some other items too, I.E. Telvanni Robes)

I'm not saying I was disappointed with riding dragons or getting to re-choose my perks. All I'm saying is Bethesda could have used more imagination when creating Miraak's mask and sword. They are supposed to be unique artifacts, so they should've made them at least somewhat unique. (and some other items too, I.E. Telvanni Robes)
Ok, I agree with you on the Telvanni Robes:
D18A061C2342AA4ED2DF6C9EE1B5120BA893AA67

However, His are the only source of wearable Spell Absorbtion in the game, including all 3 DLCs so far. I haven't really played with Tentacle Explosion much so far, it might be cool. The sword looks unique, with a unique animation, but yeah, 15 points Stamina Absorbtion, where have I seen that before? (The Drainheart swords are actually better for their weight.) I guess that's why God created the Creation Kit, amiright?

For the Telvanni Robes, I would be satisfied with something like 'All Spells Cost 10% less Magicka' or somesuch. Being basically a Retex of Necromancer Robes is beyond Lame. I wasn't really arguing with you, just the rationale that He's powerful, and therefore His kit should be too. As for the mask, that's probably the biggest disappointment of all. It'a Circlet of magicka, leveled, like the Mage's Circlet, with a little Armor, but other than that, that's it? Shout Cooldown would make the most sense, maybe 10% or so so as not to me Too OP (Makes it 50% stacked with the Blessing, and Amulet of Talos.) The Boots/Gloves are basically identical, other than where you wear them, and redundant if you're going for 100% Spell Absorbtion. I guess that means you have your choice of Shrouded gloves, or Boots of, something cool. IDK, water walking? I guess Muffle is Okay, but if you're serious about Sneaking, you should be up to Silence long before you run into this guy (I certainly was.)

jarif

come to think about it, Miraak had 2000 years worth of training and yet he should be invinsible yet the dragonborn (us) had only a few years compared to him. Btw Miraak is badass and kinda a douche, hes gear and weapons are just fine, well awesome imo, and you people whine about his enchantments, their quite decent especially being able to resist any spells and dragon breath ect ect

jarif

Ok, I agree with you on the Telvanni Robes:

However, His are the only source of wearable Spell Absorbtion in the game, including all 3 DLCs so far. I haven't really played with Tentacle Explosion much so far, it might be cool. The sword looks unique, with a unique animation, but yeah, 15 points Stamina Absorbtion, where have I seen that before? (The Drainheart swords are actually better for their weight.) I guess that's why God created the Creation Kit, amiright?

For the Telvanni Robes, I would be satisfied with something like 'All Spells Cost 10% less Magicka' or somesuch. Being basically a Retex of Necromancer Robes is beyond Lame. I wasn't really arguing with you, just the rationale that He's powerful, and therefore His kit should be too. As for the mask, that's probably the biggest disappointment of all. It'a Circlet of magicka, leveled, like the Mage's Circlet, with a little Armor, but other than that, that's it? Shout Cooldown would make the most sense, maybe 10% or so so as not to me Too OP (Makes it 50% stacked with the Blessing, and Amulet of Talos.) The Boots/Gloves are basically identical, other than where you wear them, and redundant if you're going for 100% Spell Absorbtion. I guess that means you have your choice of Shrouded gloves, or Boots of, something cool. IDK, water walking? I guess Muffle is Okay, but if you're serious about Sneaking, you should be up to Silence long before you run into this guy (I certainly was.)
besides with that enchantment you can spam power attacks

besides with that enchantment you can spam power attacks
The only thing that would be cool for is the Bloodskal Blade, which is incompatible. (Coincidence? I think not!) Again, I know the beauty of Absorb Stamina, and have abused it to it's fullest, but not exactly Unique, either. I'd like the extra Reach of the whip strike to be longer, or maybe a Tentical Grasp effect on a PA, or Bash would be cool. But no, it's a Drainheart Sword, only heavier, and looks like the Soul Edge's little sister instead.

Verac

I think your problem here is assuming his Power comes from his Gear. He's a powerful Mage, Dragonborn, Warrior, AND has training from the Daedric Prince of forbidden Knowledge. The gear enhances that, but isn't the sole source of his Power.
im aware of that, im stating he was the first dragonborn. look at the priests masks now, they put his in a corner, and the entire set is basically aesthetic to walk around in.....only useful things are his sword and staff, i mean hes the last boss. look at ((SPOILERS)) Harkon he drops a very nice sword for vampires. or aerials bow for goodies((I know vamps can use it but more use from goodies) so all im saying is gameplay wise and lore wise his gear should be amazing maybe not god like of course. but atleast be able to freakin' utilize it ya know? not walk around in it.

im aware of that, im stating he was the first dragonborn. look at the priests masks now, they put his in a corner, and the entire set is basically aesthetic to walk around in.....only useful things are his sword and staff, i mean hes the last boss. look at ((SPOILERS)) Harkon he drops a very nice sword for vampires. or aerials bow for goodies((I know vamps can use it but more use from goodies) so all im saying is gameplay wise and lore wise his gear should be amazing maybe not god like of course. but atleast be able to freakin' utilize it ya know? not walk around in it.
Again, I agree with you to a degree, it's just the assumption that the gear was the source of his power I differ on. Just talking about it is swaying me more, and more into your corner, but that's tempered by the knowledge that yet again, I find myself at the end of everything that can be done, the Challenge is gone, and any further OPness (Beyong 100% Spell Absorbtion, which shouldn't be taken lightly) is only going to make it worse. Just ignoring Raw PAHWAH!i! I would have liked to seen something more unique, especially getting a full suit of enchanted gear, except for the fact that the boots/gloves are redundant. I'm already wearing the Telvanni Robes more for looks, and Badge of Office than effect, and if you haven't noticed, I like dropping DLs, so Spell Absorbtion isn't exactly the greatest thing ever.

I think this whole problem stemms from the raft of Powers we've already gotten from Books, Stones, and so forth, so at the end, it's kind of anti-climactic compared to say 30 seconds of spamming spells, or 80% resistance to ALL damage. Ah well, I have the Creation kit, and there's already lots of Mods to "Improve' the set (meaning making them as OP as possible) so maybe I'll mess around, and see what I can come up with...

jarif

Question - i have miraaks armour and so far im loving it and the dragonborn dlc (im a ps3 player) but do i have to keep the sword full charge for it have a tentacle effect?

so keep charging the sword? kk
Up to you, it's nice to be able to spam Power Attacks (I'm a big fan/abuser of Critical Charge( but if you're just interested in the animation, and don't care for Enchanting XP, I wouldn't bother.

jarif

Up to you, it's nice to be able to spam Power Attacks (I'm a big fan/abuser of Critical Charge( but if you're just interested in the animation, and don't care for Enchanting XP, I wouldn't bother.
its only a petty sould gem to refill it so it dosent really matter :)

jarif

now i think about it, by saying the ebony warrior will own miraak game wise, that might be unfair due to the ebony warrios enchantments

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts