• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sierra_G719

Ranger of Skyrim
but how could vhalok he be good and wise if he worked for the dragons.
We are left in the dark about that. Point is Miraak would've had his soul absorbed by the Dragons that killed him if he died. Seeing as how you absorb his at the Summit of Apocrypha, I truly died in there.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
We are left in the dark about that. Point is Miraak would've had his soul absorbed by the Dragons that killed him if he died. Seeing as how you absorb his at the Summit of Apocrypha, I truly died in there.
I'm pretty sure you just absorb all of the souls that he had absorbed.

I'm pretty sure you just absorb all of the souls that he had absorbed.
You probably absorbed his soul also since dragonborns have dragon souls.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
You probably absorbed his soul also since dragonborns have dragon souls.

Since he had absorbed so many other dragon souls the player really should have gotten multiple dragon souls, but w/e +100 dragon souls would feel a bit (VERY) cheap.

Since he had absorbed so many other dragon souls the player really should have gotten multiple dragon souls, but w/e +100 dragon souls would feel a bit (VERY) cheap.
We did get multiple dragon souls he counted as ten dragon souls.

Gameplay =/= lore. Be sure to make that distinction. In lore Alduin can destroy the very world while Miraak is some no-name new dragon priest for the Dragonborn expansion.
Yeah, also Miirak isn't supposed to defeat Alduin. The Elder Scrolls prophecy said the Last Dragonborn defeats Alduin.

I was SAYING that he was not "a total wimp", as you so specifically put it, and that he could not have overpowered Alduin. It doesn't matter that he was in the dragon cult because Alduin WAS the dragon cult. Miraak obviously had a falling out when instead of worshipping dragons, HE BENT THEM TO HIS WILL AND KILLED THEM, causing them to assault his temple and BURN IT TO THE GROUND.
I didn't say wimp, you did. I said he was a pussy. He keeps saying that he could have defeated Alduin, but we all know he couldn't have. So instead of admitting it, he just uses excuses. Now, whether or not him or his part of the cult killed those dragons, we may never know. Those dragons could have been his allies (or were bent to his will) and were killed by the opposing dragon force when they came to burn Miirak's temple. I geuss we will never know.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
We did get multiple dragon souls he counted as ten dragon souls.

Oh, cool. I didn't notice that as it only said "Dragon Soul Absorbed", as in singular. Thanks for explaining where those extra souls came from!

Wow this has gone of topic though i like the debates where haveing so im not complaning.:Dragonborn:

jarif

I didn't like the mask's effects, but I liked the robe and armor =o
I am a SpellSword build playing on expert, but I have to say being able to take dragon attacks a lot better now, I'm happy xD - I'm also digging the tentacle explosion :D

His sword was weak =/ like really weak... the only thing I like about it is the design, and the cool tendril whip animation :D

What I plan to do is making it super powerful using the exploit for high smithing and enchanting - but within reason. I dont want to one hit anything, but I want it to be around if not a bit higher than my deadric weapons.
actually his sword is the strongest in the game

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
IF you upgrade it right, it is. If you use twohanded weapons or you're a mage, you're out of luck.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!

Yes, Miraak's Sword does have the highest base damage of all one-handed swords. BUT it comes with an Absorb Stamina enchantment. One can easily out-damage Miraak's sword with a self-enchanted Daedric or Dragonbone sword.

Verac

I had mixed feelings.

I found the armor to look kickass, and Tentacle Explosion is both visually satisfying and does descent damage, but as it is a "chance on hit" thing, it's only really practical if you intend to get up close and personal with enemies in melee combat - spell casters and archers would not be able to make practical use of this power.

Really, they could done any number of things - as with other items in this DLC, it could have given you the ability to use unique spells (perhaps a Tentacle-Explosion blast?) or, more obviously, decrease shout cooldown and/or increase shout effectiveness. Bonuses for mages makes sense, as the Dragon Priests were mages anyway, and a big part of Miraak seems to be making a deal with a being who seeks and collects knowledge.

Most of Miraak's stuff seems to be mostly eye candy - amazing and fun to look at, but lacking in actual power. Really, it seems the only thing that serves practical use is that sword that when you power-swing, it throws energy blasts.

I feel kinda let down. Bethesda had space to do something really amazing here, really creative, and they kinda squandered it.

Bethesda needs to make more proper mage gear - boosts magical power (preferably in ways that cannot be achieved through enchanting/smithing) maybe gives access to unique abilities, and, of course, robes. A mage in a big suit of armor hardly feels like a mage at all. (Maybe light armor, but it should still have a robe-like appearance, I say.)
bethesda is the lord of trolls and laziness. they dont fix anything. they're content normally consists of troll gear or "No freakin sense" Gear like miraak and his cultists despite being mages/spellswords they wear....multiple versions of armor? light and heavy? And i also agree for the first dragonborn his gear makes me cry i really love spellsword builds or simply mages or sorcerers but even things like the telvaani robes are just a simple 75% Magicka regen...no awesome unique enchants and well no awesome gear for mages to enchant...this was a mage themed expansion as dawnguard was for archers....im highly disapointed....the new summons are disappointing ugh i could keep going on. but it has its ups...i love the nostalgia of bloodmoon and the bonemold armor and and chiten made me jizz in my pants.

Cherry

I have to agree with Verac. I love Skyrim, but that doesn't change the fact that many of the unique pieces of equipment were disappointing. Even the Nightingale Armor. Looks awesome, but those enchantments just aren't very good. Extra stamina and frost resitance? At least give us non-enchanted variants of every unique armor/apparel please...

Verac

I have to agree with Verac. I love Skyrim, but that doesn't change the fact that many of the unique pieces of equipment were disappointing. Even the Nightingale Armor. Looks awesome, but those enchantments just aren't very good. Extra stamina and frost resitance? At least give us non-enchanted variants of every unique armor/apparel please...
dont forget the pain of getting them, like the aetherium quest......biggest disappointment quest, EVER

Verac

i think a better idea is a "Disenchant function" for armor and weapons rather than destroying the weapon it stripps the enchant off and leaves the item to be reenchanted.

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

Just something I thought about Miraak...

Was anyone else disappointed about Miraak's equipment? I sure was. Especially his mask. Come on, he was supposed to be this very powerful dragonborn dragon priest, I was expecting his mask to reduce shout cooldown or something else really awesome. You can probably relate to my disappointment when I saw it. Fortify magicka +70? Weak! I can craft a better headgear anytime.

I mean, the other dragon priest masks were all unique in that you couldn't craft an equivalent or better. I was soooo hoping for it to have reduce shout cooldown by 30% or, you know, something you cannot recreate with enchanting like the other masks...

Anyway, in order to sound less negative, I say the fight against Miraak was quite awesome. After my disappoinments when fighting Alduin and Harkon, I think Miraak was actually interesting to fight. Just like I said, his gear was disappointing to say the least.

Otherwise, I'm really loving Dragonborn so far. Share your thoughts.
I think your problem here is assuming his Power comes from his Gear. He's a powerful Mage, Dragonborn, Warrior, AND has training from the Daedric Prince of forbidden Knowledge. The gear enhances that, but isn't the sole source of his Power.

Cherry

i think a better idea is a "Disenchant function" for armor and weapons rather than destroying the weapon it stripps the enchant off and leaves the item to be reenchanted.

That would be so cool indeed. I've thought about that before, and I sooo wish it was true :sadface:

Psiberzerker, you kind of have a point here, but gameplay > realism.
In this case, gameplay refers to the prize you get at the end of a questline, namely, Miraak's gear. After such an epic and fun questline, I want to get awesome rewards from it, not something that can be outclassed by pretty much any self-crafted item.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts