• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

You know the one I mean.
The appariition that steals your hard-won dragon souls until you beat the real deal.

I was approaching Arcwind Point when a Frost Dragon attacked.
My followers and I lit the scaly beast ablaze with Ignite spells and it landed in the valley to die.

As the dragon burned away , "Miraak" appeared to do his usual thing but for some reason he had attracted the attention of a nearby Draugr Deathlord and his Skeleton minions.

They began fighting and it was easy to see that no one could hurt the other.
I watched from a distance for some minutes.
Miraak couldn`t even kill a Skeleton , did not have his sword , didn`t shout , and was fighting with what looked like the Sparks spell and his bare hands.
The Skeletons did no better and even the Deathlord`s Ebony War Axe and Unrelenting Force shout caused the ghost no damage.

But what the Deathlord`s shout did do was blow away the dragon`s skeleton to a distance away from the fight.

Finally , I decided to get involved and soon the undead group were defeated.
I noted that my followers did not attack Miraak nor did he appear as an enemy on my radar.

Then the ghost just stood there silent , apparently too far away from the dragon`s corpse for his monologue/theft to trigger.

As ever , I couldn`t touch or get a reaction out of him.
But when I told Illia to attack him , the fight was on !!!

Alas, it was all show again as the combined attacks of Illia and Serana did nothing and the tussle could have gone on for weeks as far as I could tell.
Eventually broke off the fight and left him behind . I don`t know if he ever got the dragon soul but I sure didn`t.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
haha.... it's those random moments that happen to ordinary game-play that make it fun. I wonder if he is still standing there..?
Meanwhile my Miraak ghost didn't appear every time I killed a dragon, I guess he was busy elsewhere...

Adam Warlock

It`s just too funny.

Miraak`s ghost keeps appearing every now and then but does the silent thing if the dragon glitches and doesn`t burn away.

This last time he came to the College of Winterhold courtyard to snag the soul of such a dragon but ended up fighting the mages and students there.
My followers just stood around like they were at a college mixer(arm dancing) and didn`t jump into the mosh pit.

Again it was all for show as even the mighty Glass Warhammer of the Unbound Dremora had no effect on the ghost who fought with sparks and fists as before.
I watched a bit more closely this time and could see Miraak speaking dragon words but no palpable shout would emerge.

I`m so glad for this particular incident because it allowed me to view non-follower J`zargo actually using a spell other than Sparks or Lightning Bolt as he was tossing Firebolts like a pro . Perhaps I may test those scrolls of his for him after all.

Again I just had to leave the ghost and his playpals behind

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
A good place to test those scrolls is down in the midden where the skeletons are... just make sure you DON'T have your follower standing near you as they take damage and turn hostile. Also have some fire resist gear on as you yourself take a fair bit of damage from it as well.

My favourite follower now is Valdimir, the housecarl you get from becoming Thane of Morthal. He is a BOSS. Rocks at Ice spike spell (can actually predict the trajectory of a Dragon and never misses), is good at one-handed and archery, and is a tank. Has reasonably good sneak skills as well. He will use scrolls if you give them to him, staffs as well and when you level up he suddenly gets more spells, like "fear"..etc.. My favourite follower by far.

Adam Warlock

A good place to test those scrolls is down in the midden where the skeletons are... just make sure you DON'T have your follower standing near you as they take damage and turn hostile. Also have some fire resist gear on as you yourself take a fair bit of damage from it as well.

My favourite follower now is Valdimir, the housecarl you get from becoming Thane of Morthal. He is a BOSS. Rocks at Ice spike spell (can actually predict the trajectory of a Dragon and never misses), is good at one-handed and archery, and is a tank. Has reasonably good sneak skills as well. He will use scrolls if you give them to him, staffs as well and when you level up he suddenly gets more spells, like "fear"..etc.. My favourite follower by far.
If you think Valdimar is good now , just give him Ahzidal`s Ring of Arcana to give him a fire attack that never needs charging like a staff or replacements like scrolls.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

If you think Valdimar is good now , just give him Ahzidal`s Ring of Arcana to give him a fire attack that never needs charging like a staff or replacements like scrolls.

ooo.. coool.. must look into that..

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts