• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
just post mining spots you've found and what is there. For example at the very tippy top of The throat of the World, where you find the notched pickaxe, theres 2 or 3 ebony ores and 1 or 2 mechadite (hope I spelled it right) ores, theses respawn every 72 hours i believe, Just sure the ones you've found here.

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Found this awhile back when I first started the game..

Corundum Ore can be found at:
  • Greywater Grotto, South Southwest of Helgen
  • Goldenrock mine at Darkwater Crossing, west of Mist watch.
  • Halted Stream Camp, left of the Transmute Spell Tome.
  • Pinepeak Cavern, north of Ivarstead.
  • Along the mountain edge north of Shor's Stone.
  • Eldergleam Sanctuary, on one of the edges
  • Broken Helm Hollow, east of Riften. when inside all to the back there's a chain pull it and there it is. 1 vein in main chamber.
  • Up in the mountains south of Hlaalu Farm and southeast of Brandy-Mug farm.
  • Northeast of Cragwallow Slope. At the mountainside on a rock underneath a pinetree.
  • Nchuand-Zel Excavation Site, in Markarth
Ebony Ore can be found at:
  • Redbelly Mine, North of Riften
  • Mzulft, Southeast of Windhelm
  • Gloombound Mine, East of Kynesgrove (5+ of Ebony Deposits)
  • Throat of the World, Very top of the mountain
Iron Ore can be found at:
  • Embershard Mine, located southeast of Riverwood.
  • Half-Moon Mill, north of Falkreath
  • Left Hand Mine, just southeast of Markarth.
  • Fort Fellhammer, south of Dawnstar .
  • Rockwallow Mine, East of Morthal
  • Halted Stream Camp, north of Whiterun.
  • Northwind Mine, southeast of Mist watch.
  • Iron-Breaker Mine, southeast in Dawnstar.
  • Saarthal
  • Whistling Mine, southeast of Winterhold.
  • 2 veins south-west of Sarethi Farm.
  • Southeast of Hollyfrost Farm near Windhelm - another can be found going further south up in the mountains, the ore being east of an unmarked hunting camp.
  • Northwest of Narzulbur, behind some rocks.
  • Southeast of Cragwallow Slope.
  • Traitor's Post. Follow the road going southwest.
  • Souteast of Riverside Shack. South of Windhelm.
  • Not far north of Eldergleam Sanctuary.
  • A bit southwest of Rorikstead. Another can be found just north of Rorikstead.
  • South Cold Rock Pass. Just to the right of the cave intrance.
Moonstone Ore can be found at:
  • Mzulft, Southeast of Windhelm
  • Stony Creek Cave, Southeast of Windhelm
  • Soljund's Sinkhole, Southwest of Rorikstead
Orichalcum Ore can be found at:
  • Bilegulch Mine, Southwest of Fort Sungard
  • On the southwestern side of the mountain on which Bonestrewn Crest is situated.
Quicksilver Ore can be found at:
  • Quicksilver Mine, Northwest in Dawnstar
Silver Ore can be found at:
  • The Bloodlet Throne, past the throne room.
  • When coming out of Markarth, cross the bridge and turn left up a hill where there should be some half dead trees, there will be a Silver Veil connected to the rock.
  • By Stendarr's Beacon east of Riften
  • Frostmere Crypt, just before Frostmere Depths
  • A small distance south from an unmarked hunting camp, south of Hollyfrost Farm near Windhelm
  • Along the path to the Throat of the World
Malachite Ore can be found at:
  • The Throat of the World (Top)
  • Steamscorch Mine, near Kynesgrove
Gold Ore can be found at:
  • Kolskeggr Mine, South of the Lover Stone near Markarth
  • Lost Prospect Mine, East of Rifton North of the mountains. In the cave all the ore is located behind the waterfall.
  • Greywater Grotto, South south west of Helgen on the map.
  • Greenspring Hallow. To the southeast near the water.
  • Fort Neugrad. Access through the Prison basement, across lake to the left.

Kai

The orc camp by Windhelm is by far the ritchest ebony mine I have seen. I got around 50 ores from that mine.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
exactly! I was like wow............. i have not really thought about making a complete list or anything so thank you!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
There are more, I can always add to the list.
If people find some that aren't on the list, they can state it here and it will be added.

Just a thought.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
When you exit Bleak Falls Barrow there are 2 Corundum veins down the hill to the right.

Ustengrav Depths - to the right of the first flame floor there is an Iron Ore Vein.
Ustengrav Depths - To the right of the Word Wall on the ledge there is a Corundum Vein.
Ustengrav Depths - Follow the wall around to the right from the Corundum Vein, jump down one ledge & jump over to another ledge & you will find a Silver Vein. It's to the left of the Waterfall.
Ustengrav Depths - When you go down the first narrow walkway into the area above the Word Wall, if you walk back underneath that walkway and jump down 2 ledges you will find a Corundum Vein against the wall.

Cragwallow Slope - In the cavern after the flooded one, there is a vein of Corundum on the right hand side between the tower & the wall.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
BlackReach: Where else can you mine for soulstones?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
The list on UESP's Mining Page doesn't have all the locations the different types of Ore can be found. I am slowly covering the whole of Skyrim that is accessible & discovering Ore that isn't on any list. I'm documenting it as I go & will post it when I've got most of it completed.

TheListener

Dark Brotherhood Assassin.
I found some corundum ore when i exited whiterun via the underforge!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I will be posting the full list of every mining spots next week, I'm nearly finished compiling what is where & is just putting it into 2 lists. One list is what you can find at each location A- Z & the other is set out the same as the ones above.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
I need some soul gems! I've heard that blackreach is the way to go and that it can be accessed through some dwarven ruins (which I was standing outside of when I turned it off before coming to work).

*May contain spoiler*

Are there any quest prequisites I need to know about before heading in there, are the veins easily accessable? I've mainly concentrated on side quests and haven't even brought the horn to the greybeards yet.

*Fin*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts